Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE 12 Fresh install issue

leonardolopes
Level 5
Level 5

Hello guys,

I’m trying to install ICM (CCEInst  iso) under windows 2016 server as recommended by Cisco matrix compatibility , but after install sql 2016 sever and try to install icm , I got SEVERE error , indicating that installation require Windows Server 2012 R2 ... should I install Cisco CCE under Windows 2012 R2 and then upgrade to Win Server 2016 ?

thank you guys in advance 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

The iso which you are using must be old. There is a new CCE iso made available to customer (around a month back) which supports 2016 OS. Please try to get the latest iso and try installation. 

View solution in original post

Sasikumar is correct, you need an updated ISO.

Here's something a little more specific...

• Install Windows OS 2016 (SQL 2017 if Rogger \ AW-HDS-DDS)
  • Install CCE 12.0 media (should be new ISO)
  • Mandatory Patch should be installed
  • Newly respin ES patches as required should be installed after the mandatory patch (ES26 onwards - see image below)

12_ES_respin.png

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Hello Omar 

I just updated it to SQL Server 2017 (after remove 2016 version ) and still requesting Windows 2012 R2 ... 

Can you post a screen shot?

also, have you gone through staging the OS and SQL per the staging guide?

Hey, Yes I followed staging guide but ISO file I used is not the last one with correction allowing Win 2016 Server.

The iso which you are using must be old. There is a new CCE iso made available to customer (around a month back) which supports 2016 OS. Please try to get the latest iso and try installation. 

Sasikumar is correct, you need an updated ISO.

Here's something a little more specific...

• Install Windows OS 2016 (SQL 2017 if Rogger \ AW-HDS-DDS)
  • Install CCE 12.0 media (should be new ISO)
  • Mandatory Patch should be installed
  • Newly respin ES patches as required should be installed after the mandatory patch (ES26 onwards - see image below)

12_ES_respin.png

Hello Guys,

you are correct , my ISO file don't allow installation under windows 2016 server, as I can't find the ISO file on CIsco website I decided to install UCCE ICM 12 under Windows Server 2012 R2 , I was able to install it correctly.

Thank you so much for your support

Leonardo

Thank you Omar for this details, I'll apply the patches to allow Win2016 Server, tks.

If you're going to do an over-the-top upgrade of the OS and SQL, here's some specifics...

• Upgrade Windows OS from 2012 to 2016 (Upgrade SQL 2017 if Rogger \ AW-HDS-DDS)
  • Install ES_18 to make old 12.0 compatible with new OS 2016 platform
  • As required install newly re-spin ES's
    • Note 1: Mandatory patch is not applicable or required for this scenario
    • Note 2: If on old system (windows 2012 - CCE 12.0) any old ES installed -- present recommendation is to uninstall the ES prior or after the upgrade and install the re-spin ES, Refer to the table in section "Information on Re-Spin patches"

Here's a link to the Engineering Specials for 12: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/ucce_b_unified-contact-center-enterprise-engineering/ucce_b_unified-contact-center-enterprise-engineering_chapter_0101.html

Also, the new ISO should be available to you through the Product Upgrade Tool. If not, open a TAC case or contact your Cisco rep

Hey Omar ,

Oh nice..... I'll try it soon, thank you :-)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: