cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE 7.5 to 8.5 Common Ground upgrade with uncommon hardware.

Jake Grimshaw
Level 1
Level 1

All,

So, I have a client that is running UCCE 7.5, and they are looking to do an in place upgrade to 8.5.  Most of their hardware is pretty standard, except for the PGs.  There is a mix of virtual and physical servers, with drive configurations that are nowhere near a standard.  The physical servers have drive configurations that are 40 gig for the OS drive, and 97 gig for the application drive.  The virtual servers are a 20 gig OS drive, 50 gig application drive,

Looking through the 8.5 BOM, the requirements seem to be either 4x72 or 4x146 for the drives. I'm sure that some voodoo can be used to bring the VMs into compliance, but what about the physical servers?  Is there any issue running 8.5 with these drive configurations? 

The client getting ready to go to 9.1 fairly quickly after the 8.5 upgrade, and is planning a tech refresh for that project, hence the desire to use the in place hardware until the new environment is up and going. 

2 Replies 2

Ok, so 8.5 won't care about your drive configuration, but TAC might.  However, since you already have 7.5 running like that I can't imagine you having any additional problems.  Caveat emptor, the customer is not running a standard install and make sure they understand this and it's documented.

david

Thanks for the information.  Looks like we are going forward, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it works.