Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE User Variable Value Check

ucengineer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

Can someone please guide me how can I see the value of any USER Variable. For example, if I have created a user variable in the script. And If in the script, I am press any character or digit to update the value in the variable, how and where I can see that value?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

You can use rttest

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_tech_note09186a00800ac69b.shtml

Log into your Call Router or Rogger, open a command prompt as Administrator and run the following commands

C:\WINDOWS\system32>rttest /system hostname_of_side_a_router /cust your_instance_name

rttest: expr Global.your_user_variable

When you're done with rttest, make sure you type quit and not exit. If you type in exit, you will invoke an exit router - not good during business hours.

EDIT: The exit command is now obsolete. If you want to cycle the Call Router service from rttest, you have to type in exit_router

Screen shot attached

Please rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

You can use rttest

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_tech_note09186a00800ac69b.shtml

Log into your Call Router or Rogger, open a command prompt as Administrator and run the following commands

C:\WINDOWS\system32>rttest /system hostname_of_side_a_router /cust your_instance_name

rttest: expr Global.your_user_variable

When you're done with rttest, make sure you type quit and not exit. If you type in exit, you will invoke an exit router - not good during business hours.

EDIT: The exit command is now obsolete. If you want to cycle the Call Router service from rttest, you have to type in exit_router

Screen shot attached

Please rate helpful posts

Just my own $.02, but I hesitate to have users use rttest unless they have to, since the wrong command can literally take them hard down.

I would instead check and see if the system is set up to write the value of the variable in the UCCE database, and instead view it in that manner.

Or even set up a test script and call the variable in Call Tracer and the user can run a fake call through it and see the variable themselves.

Again, just personal preference, classic pick your poison scenario.

Hi Bill.King

I can understand what you are trying. I will check the system too and will check everything in the script that its working fine and going to the exact nodes for to update the value in the variable. Its always good to know different ways to check something. Only my main concern is to check the given value in the variable. I can see that via Call Tracer in the test script but I can't see any value which is already in that variable. 

Please check my screenshot, here i'm attaching both value within the variable and with the Call Tracer, that value i'm putting into. 

Thank you!

So there are a couple of ways you can do it, such as using an IF node on the variable that you're looking to verify what it is set at, or you can set a Peripheral Variable equal to the variable that you're looking to validate. Both should allow you to see what it is set at that moment.

Thank you Omer! 

I can see the value in my call variable while manually entering during the call. My main concern is during troubleshooting at any time if we need to see the value. Can we use this command during production hours?

Yes, you can use it during business hours. There’s no impact

I would add though, as long as you quit out of it correctly and do the correct commands, there's no impact. Cisco even calls this out in the document, see snippet below. I know it is like anything else, it needs to be used properly, but when you're dealing with the brains of the system, extra caution is needed.

------------------

"It is very important that you quit your rttest session when finished. If too many rttest sessions are left running in the background, system resources are drained and call routing is adversely affected."

Looks like they made it a bit more difficult to screw up... I don't know what version this was updated on, but exit is an obsolete command. If you want to exit and cycle the Call Router, you now have to specify exit_router

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG