cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 10.5 License revert to demo license after updating the DNS servers

e.hawkins
Level 1
Level 1

I recently updated the DNS servers on UCCX 10.5 servers because our primary dns server crashed.  We were unable to restore that dns server.  I had to modify the dns on the uccx servers. Since then I have the error message they the licenses will expire within 60 days.   How do I go about resolving this issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You will need to contact Cisco TAC (either raise a case normally (best) or email licensing@cisco.com) supplying your old license MAC (the shown inside the license files you have now) and the new MAC of the server.

This is normal, documented behaviour for UCCX. 

The other options would be:

- for your DNS team to restore DNS to the same IP, even if rebuiding the box. Using a new IP is going to generate a lot of work for everyone in your organisation.

- for you to leave the primary DNS pointed at the original IP. If the secondary DNS server is valid name resolution will work while you either get a new license or the DNS server is replaced/restored.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You will need to contact Cisco TAC (either raise a case normally (best) or email licensing@cisco.com) supplying your old license MAC (the shown inside the license files you have now) and the new MAC of the server.

This is normal, documented behaviour for UCCX. 

The other options would be:

- for your DNS team to restore DNS to the same IP, even if rebuiding the box. Using a new IP is going to generate a lot of work for everyone in your organisation.

- for you to leave the primary DNS pointed at the original IP. If the secondary DNS server is valid name resolution will work while you either get a new license or the DNS server is replaced/restored.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for the information Aaron.  I will contact TAC today.

No problem.

Please remember to rate useful responses and mark questions 'answered' when appropriate to highlight useful content.

Aaron