cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 10.6.1 Ring back tone issue

essam_farrag
Level 1
Level 1

I have UCCX 10.6 with CUCM 10.5, when calls routed to agents the caller hear MOH not ring back tone, my customer needs the caller to hear ring-back tone instead of music is there any solution for this problem?

Thanks & Regards,

Essam

3 Replies 3

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you configured the Ring back audio source to the CTI ports in the first place for this to work. Go to Cisco Unified CCX Administration >> Subsystems >> Cisco Unified CM Telephony >> Call Control Group >> Choose the required CCG >> Show More >> User Hold Audio Source/Network Hold Audio Source and check this.

Note: Do not forget to reset the CTI ports from Call Manager after applying the MOH on the Call Control Group. At times, you may have to restart the CCX Engine as well for the MOH to take effect so if you run into that issue, do the same in after hours on both the nodes in case of HA

Make sure you have the Ringback file uploaded to all the MOH servers in the cluster. MOH files don't get replicated automatically. In order to reset the ports from CM, do below (should be done during Maintenance window):

You will need to go to Cisco Unified CM Administration >> Device >> Phone and then do a search like below:

Find Phone where Device Name begins with <Device Name Prefix> that you have configured for the Call Control Group in UCCX. This way it will list all the CTI Ports for that particular Call Control Group, select them all and do a reset

Regards

Deepak

Thanks in Advance

I did all of these things but the caller still hear tone on hold when calls routed to agents

Regards,

Essam

Even the reset of CTI ports, Engine restart. Double check your configuration again, that is the key most of the times it looks like you have checked everything but that is not the case.

How about creating a new CCG of 5 10 ports maybe and test with that.

Regards

Deepak