Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 11.6 Agent to ready when PC locked

Tim Dooley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

We are running UCCX 11.6 with Finesse Agents/Supervisors in a Windows 7 service desk environment.

I'm looking for a way to make Finesse agents go to a Not Ready state when their computer is locked. Currently all my agents are staying in a Ready state when they've walked away from their computer and locked it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To my knowledge that is not something a browser allows JavaScript/etc. to detect. I just ran a couple Google searches and not seeing an obvious hit either.

EDIT: Actually, there may be a roundabout way of doing this. Jabber changes the presence state to Away when lock-in g the computer. It also supports custom HTML tabs, including a way to subscribe to a user’s presence state.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_9/cjab_b_feature-configuration-for-cisco-jabber/cjab_b_feature-configuration-for-cisco-jabber_chapter_0101.html

You could possibly write your own application that leverages the Finesse APIs and runs within Jabber as a custom tab to glue this cause-and-effect together. Or, talk to 2Ring to see if their Compact Agent product already does this or of they’re willing to add it as a feature.

https://www.2ring.com/contact-centers/compact-agent-finesse/

Hi Jonathan,

That would probably work really well if we were using Jabber, unfortunately we're not using Jabber and probably wont for the foreseeable future.

I'm not really looking for a 3rd party application like 2 ring.

It seems like a pretty large oversight on behalf of Cisco. 

Cheers,

Tim

Any idea?

I have seen many agents just lock their PC and walk away and wonder why their phone starts ringing.
All the browsers run in their sandbox and don't have access to that sort of OS information or events.
You could write a thick client, an exe that would run in the background and subscribe to the system events so it would get notified when the user locks the PC. It would then use the Finesse API to make the user Not Ready.
This would work but it's not a clean or simple implementation.

Graham