cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 11.6 and Service-Now integration

Joel Fox
Level 1
Level 1

Morning all - I'm reaching out in hopes that someone has successfully implemented a UCCX/Service-Now or other helpdesk software integration. What we are looking to do is have a ticket automatically created when a helpdesk agent answers their UCCX extension. I'm not a programmer by any means, but I would think that this is possible with some programming. I've seen threads (outside of the Cisco community) where this was accomplished, but without any detail. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance for your input!

1 Reply 1

What I've done in CCX and SNOW is get the status of a ticket and play it back and add the an activity to the ticket that someone called at XYZ time about this ticket. Now to address your specific question: You want a ticket to be automatically created upon call arrival. The heavy lifting will be mostly done in SNOW. You'll have to create an endpoint/page which takes some parameters and creates a ticket. For example, I think you can send a maximum of 5 parameters via a Finesse workflow so you can send "ani=1234&queue=Support&customerID=1234&somethinelse=abc&other=1234" Then you SNOW page will take those parameters and create a ticket automatically. So if you get SNOW admin to setup a page where you can go to https://mysnowinstance.com/createticket?ani=1234&queue=Support&customerID=1234&somethinelse=abc&other=1234 and it will automatically create a ticket, then creating a Finesse workflow will be super simple.

Now another approach is that you create the ticket via a REST request in the scripting, but this is far more complex.

david