cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 12 calendar script integration with custom prompt

jconyers
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to figure out how to use the calendar step in my script to play a prompt on a certain day. Finesse is setup so the supervisors can now manage the calendar, queue, application, and a couple prompts. The supervisors see "Custom business days" but I don't see that in the calendar step tree. I was hoping they could select a specific day when a prompt could be played (like when appointments are full to let callers know). Is there a way to accomplish this using the calendar, or should I build in some other logic. Below are the various scripts and screenshots. I was hoping that I am just missing something simple here.

jconyersarapahoegovcom_0-1673448715704.png

jconyersarapahoegovcom_1-1673448723750.pngjconyersarapahoegovcom_2-1673448729804.pngjconyersarapahoegovcom_3-1673448736543.pngjconyersarapahoegovcom_4-1673448742950.png

4 Replies 4

IP_Cartel
Level 1
Level 1

Once you have the prompt in the Calendar you don't need hard code the file name.  The reason I don't hardcode it is just in case it file changes.  Leave it as a variable, then manage it in CCX admin.  Here is an example how I made one for the Help Desk people. I had to create a CSQ for the help desk folks. Once you upload your correctly formatted wave file to CCX (prompt mgmt) you can select it under the application mgmt.  You can see how I am able to check the box when I want to select the prompt and sound file.  

What I noticed with CCX scripts is that there are many ways of doing things.  I try to simplify and create a structure to the script.  Some scripts I have seen is one long script under the root instead of making sub blocks. 

MrButton_3-1673450286968.png

app mgmt

MrButton_2-1673450109287.png

Thanks. How do I utilize the "custom business days" section within Finesse? I could train the staff to just use the "Holidays" as the custom days where they can select the appropriate prompt to play, but that seems counter intuitive to what the custom days should be. 

That makes sense, thanks for the guide. They consider the custom business days as a regular business day, but just a "shortened day". So it will always hit the Business Hours tree of that calendar step. Makes more sense now what that calendar is actually doing. I'll try to figure out some better/different logic for how to get these supervisors to be able to close their call center manually through Finesse and select the different prompts when they do this. Appreciate your help.