cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 5.0 Low Disk Space

Michael Martin
Level 1
Level 1

Are there temp files that can be deleted on a windows server for UCCX 5.0. I am getting a low disk space message. Also, can I or should i do anything  with the page file?                  

5 Replies 5

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Wow, UCCX 5.0, that's an oldie.  Enjoying your yellow and blue web pages?  Also, if you're planning to upgrade to 8.0 or higher, note that you can no longer use the local file system or database.  Begin the process now to clean that up and fix your process/logic so you're only using the repositories and external data sources.  This will make your transition to the Linux appliance much easier.

My opinions...

So, we're talking about Windows Server 2003 then.  You can pretty much delete anything you want, that is temporary in nature, without affecting call processing.  However, you may find that your repositories are actually taking up a lot of space.  Delete old scripts, prompts, and documents that are no longer in use.  There's not really an easy way to do this, so just start looking at your applications and scripts to see what's being used.

You can check the log files folders and delete logs. I would stop the cluster manager first, then delete logs, then start it again.  Double check your log settings to make sure it's not keeping too many logs around.

Also check your BARS backups, as someone may be backing up locally and leaving the backups laying around.

If you were feeling up to it, you could take a backup, rebuild the server from scratch, then restore from backup and that would only use the necessary files required for operation.

As for the page file, you really cannot do much here.  You can adjust it's size, but I've never had to do that or heard of anyone doing that on a UCCX instance.  The page file, if you didn't know, is the swap space for the OS to put things which are in memory right now, but not being used at the moment.  If you decrease its size, you risk dropping the server performance.  If you increase it, you just worsen the disk space issue.

I hope that helped.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

apart from what Anthony has suggested, did you check the size of your databases? I spent some time troubleshooting temporary and historical databases inflating like kids balloons on a lazy Saturday afternoon.

Did you check the size of RAM assigned to a particular process? There might be slowly eating up RAM which in turn may be paged out to the disk.

G.

Anthony,

That was very helpful, but after freeing up some disk space, I am still unable to access the webpage. I have restarted the server after deleting  files but still nothing. I was thinking that a service was unable to run due to lack of disk space. At this point I have 522 mg free on a 66gb drive.

Any ideas about the appadmin web page?

You didn't mention you couldn't access the AppAdmin page before.

There is a common problem with windows versions of UCCx where you had to delete a folder and then the system would recreate it.

The folder is:

C:\ProgramFiles\wfavvid\tomcat_appadmin\webapps

The instructions can be found here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-contact-center-express/112943-uccx7-appadmin.html

I know the link is for 7.x, but all windows version suffer from the same problem.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Would this process rebuild the web pages?

The customers IT department reinstalled IIS, and I am not sure what effect that may have on the system.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: