Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7.0 – Agent not logging on ‘NATed’ UCCX – License server down

i.internacional
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

One external network needs to work with our private CCM/CCX system.

The IP phones are installed on our managed network and they work fine, but the Cisco Agent Desktop is installed on the external PCs.

To protect and to secure both networks, they’re connected through a DMZ.

I configure a NAT to publish the UCCX and it’s reachable for the PCs with the agent installed.

I’ve updated the CAD directory Services with the natted/published IP, however, when I try to launch the agent, it connects to the published IP and also tries to connect to the real and private IP of the UCCX ( I’ve checked it with a netstat)

After a while there is a time-out and I get a license error.

Please, does anyone know how to get this scenario working?

I didn’t find any place, any register, where to configure this “natted” IP for the agent.

Thanks a lot!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

CAD does not support server-side network address translation (NAT). The CAD clients

must be able to connect using the real IP addresses of the server components. When

CAD client addresses are translated via NAT, VPN software must be used. If CAD

clients are used in a NAT environment without VPN software, a variety of problems

may occur, such as agents not being visible in Supervisor Desktop.

Reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/installation/guide/cad66ig-cm.pdf

Hope this helps.

Anand

Please rate the helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

Please run the PostInstaller.exe from the CAD client box (C:\Program Files \Cisco\Desktop\bin)

and check what IP address of the UCCX this CAD is pointing to.

Thanks,

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

Hello Anchoudh,

Thanks for your reply and time,

I configured the Postinstaller, but unfortunately the CAD tries two connections, one against the public and published IP address, and it establishes the connection, and the second one against the private, IP that it's not reachable and it doesn’t go further than the SYN_SENT.

I attach a picture for a better understanding.

x.77.217.114 it's the UCCX public IP (the published/natted)

172.19.193.130 it's the UCCX private IP address

Thanks again,

Hi,

CAD does not support server-side network address translation (NAT). The CAD clients

must be able to connect using the real IP addresses of the server components. When

CAD client addresses are translated via NAT, VPN software must be used. If CAD

clients are used in a NAT environment without VPN software, a variety of problems

may occur, such as agents not being visible in Supervisor Desktop.

Reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/installation/guide/cad66ig-cm.pdf

Hope this helps.

Anand

Please rate the helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

Hi,

Also found the below document which might be of some help for you.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094831.shtml

Thanks,

Anand