Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0(2) CAD workflows

Hello,

I've built a basic workflow that uses keystroke macros to open an application, "jump" through a couple of fields and insert data fields into the application.   I'm having trouble with getting the workflows to work consistantly.   Some times the work fine and other times, they get stuck half way through.   I've tried inserting pauses, thinking that the workflow was sending the keystrokes faster than the pc could keep up but that still didn't work.   Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can try to get my workflows to work consistantly?

Thanks,

Glenn

2 Replies 2

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Keystroke macros are at best, best effort, and work exactly like UDP packet transmissions.  They get fired off, and no one really cares if they arrive.

You're only option is to use a better keystroke macro program such as the awesome AutoHotKey program.  Then within the CAD workflow you are triggering AHK to run the macro for you.  With AHK you have way more control and options to interact with a program, than you do with the built-in macros of CAD.

Anthony,

Thanks for the response.  Using a 3rd party application is not an option for me at this point.   Are there any log files I can look at that will tell me that the macros are making it to the agent's pc or not?

Thanks,

Glenn