cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0 Agent Notification

daniel.trotter
Level 1
Level 1

All: I am attempting to set up an Agent Notification in UCCX 8.0 to inform agents which CSQ a call is coming from while the call is ringing in to the agent. I have set up a new Work Flow Group, and added a Voice Contact Work Flow. The Voice Contact Work Flow is set for Inbound Calls when Any Condition is True. Inside, I created a Rule under Ringing to consult a list in which the Called# is referenced. At that point, it is supposed to provide the action for the pop up. I have the test account assigned to that workflow, but it's not working. Any thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have used a combination of: CDA Workflow Run External Script + Windows Scripting Host + Internet Explorer, to provide a visually appealing heads up display for the Agents so they can see key data about the call.  The biggest complaint I hear about Enterprise Data is that it's too small to read.

The result is a small borderless rectangular window with the key data presented to the Agent.

Is that kind of like what you want?  If so, I can share the details on how to get it working.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Tanner Ezell
Level 4
Level 4

Daniel,

By default the Cisco Agent Desktop software will show the CSQ while ringing the agent. See below (exerpt from some training material I developed a while back):

HTH

Tanner Ezell
www.ctilogic.com

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

Right. I and the customer both know that, but for the ease of their agents, they are looking to have a pop up. I can see where the functionality is, but I'm having trouble making it work.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have used a combination of: CDA Workflow Run External Script + Windows Scripting Host + Internet Explorer, to provide a visually appealing heads up display for the Agents so they can see key data about the call.  The biggest complaint I hear about Enterprise Data is that it's too small to read.

The result is a small borderless rectangular window with the key data presented to the Agent.

Is that kind of like what you want?  If so, I can share the details on how to get it working.

Anthony Holloway

May be a little more than they need, but I'm willing to give that a shot to see if it works.

In other words, yes, please. That would be great.

Attached are two files:

cad-ecc-viewer.html

This is a template HTML document which dictates how the pop up will look and what data fields are available.

cad-ecc-viewer.vbs

This is the Windows Scripting Host file which you run from a CDA workflow, and you pass it the values of the call data, it then launches an instance of IE and loads the above template.

By default the code is setup to use the following data from the call, but can be modified to work with more, less, or different data:

• Customer Name
  • Customer Status (like Premium, or Platinum)
  • Customer Number (like an account number)
  • Customer Phone Number

So when you specify the VBS file to run in CDA you need to pass those variables in that order.

The CDA should expect the VBS file on the root of C:\ by default, and the VBS file expects the HTML Template on the root of C:\ also.

I have only tested this on UCCX 7x and IE 8x.  Use the code as a guide to your own solution, that suites your business requirements.

EDIT: I see that this does not work on my Win7/IE9 system, so I will spend some time updating the code for Win7/IE9 and I'll let you know how it goes.

Anthony Holloway

Thanks. Let me try this out and I'll let you know how it goes.