Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0 Enhanced SQL Options to Calculate Service Level

edguidry
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are trying to collect data from the Informix Database on our CCX server.   We would like to utilize HTTP triggers but we do not have the Premium version.

I am trying to determine the best way to collect the data and then present it in real-time to Agents and Supervisors.

I have the database schema and I have installed ODBC on a Windows server and connected to the database using the wallboard user.  But we do not have the option of using wallboard third-party application.   So, I do not see a reason to continue down this path.

What can I use to retrieve stats from the server and then use a web page to continuously display real-time data?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eddie

5 Replies 5

Pablo Leiva
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Eddie,

I think you might be on the right track... What you need is a free web-based wallboard. Maybe the gila-wallboard will work for you, check out this discussion:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/269435

HTH

Pablo

Thanks for the reply.   I wonder if Gila wallboard will work with CCX 8.0.

"What can I use to retrieve stats from the server and then use a web page to continuously display real-time data?"

It pretty much goes like this:

A SQL server with Linked Server to Informix DB. You can download the informix client sdk from here (used to create the odbc connection):

http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/download/search.jsp?q=&pf=&S_TACT=&S_CMP=&status=Active&sr=1&cat=&q0=&k=ALL&b=&pn=&pid=&rs=ifxdl&fpf=Windows&fdt=&flang=&sb=rd&ibm-go.x=20&ibm-go.y=11

Create stored procedure to calculate info.

Run reporting services, create a report and access it via web page.

Steps in detail are a little more complicated - you need some SQL skills to create linked server and replicate info from uccx, create report etc.

L.E.:

And connect with uccxhruser to get data. For real time info you need to set under the Tools->Real Time Snapshot Config:

Data Writing Enable: checked

Data Writing Interval:  5

Cisco Unified CCX CSQs Summary: checked

Cisco Unified CCX System Summary: checked

Regards,

Octavian

Octavian, thanks!

I have installed the ODBC connection and have tested connection with uccxhruser.

I am at the point of creating the stored procedure.   What do I need installed on the server with the ODBC connection in order to create the stored procedure?

Eddie

Glad it worked.

First of all you need SQL Server installed.

And then use SQL Server Management Studio to create procedures and run scripts.

Regards,

Octavian