Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0 Voice Prompt to Base64 String

kevdowner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there a way to convert a UCCX voice prompt to base64 string format so that I can send it to an application server using an HTTP post?

Thanks,

Kevin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I tested it this morning and it should work - I replaced one line (try) in order to catch all errors, not just the ones generated by the Commons Codec library.

In my script, I've got two variables:

- voicePrompt - type Document

- voiceString - type String

And the script itself:

1. Start

2. Set voicePrompt = P[800383383.wav]

3. Set voiceString =

{

java.io.InputStream in = null;

int bufSize = 16384;

java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream baos = new java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream();

try {

in  = voicePrompt.getInputStream();

byte[] bytesRead = new byte[bufSize];

int bytesReadLength = 0;

while ((bytesReadLength = in.read(bytesRead)) > 0 ) {

baos.write(bytesRead,0,bytesReadLength);

}

return org.apache.commons.codec.binary.Base64.encodeBase64String(baos.toByteArray());

} catch (Exception e) {

return null;

}

}

4. End

The first Set step at 2 is used to create a reference to a prompt. In my case, it's already in the repository, as a file, named 800383383.wav. Of course, I could have used a different way, too, for instance, a Recording step. The key is to have a Document type variable, containg the prompt you want to encode.

The second Set step at 3 actually does all the work. First, we create an empty ByteArrayOutputStream, and then - within a try..catch block, we get the InputStream object of the voicePrompt. Next, we read 16384 bytes chunks of it, until the stream ends, and then we call the static Base64.encodeBase64String, where the argument is actually a byte array, created by calling the toByteArray() method on the baos ByteArrayOutputStream.

So when I tried debugging, this is what popped up:

So the voiceString variable now contains the base64 encoded form of the 800383383.wav binary file.

G.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

yes, there is. Some Java coding required and an external library (Apache Commons Codec).

Basically, you can get an InputStream object from the Prompt, get the whole thing as a byte array, and then use the ASF

encodeBase64String function to convert the byte[] to a String which would be actually the Base64 encoded form of the binary Prompt.

G.

P.S. To be quite honest with you, I don't really like the idea of pushing prompts over HTTP - is there any other way?

hemal.mehta
Level 5
Level 5

Can you use ftp or sftp.  I do it all the time from within my app.

Hemal

kevdowner
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the responses. it would be possible to use another fiel transfer method such as FTP, however there is additional META data that will also be sent in the HTTP Post, therefore the solution seems cleaner if all the data can be sent in one transaction using a one transfer method.

I've downloaded the Apache Commons Codec library which I'll try and use.

Hm, alright then. If you get stuck, let me know, I can help you with coding. Make sure you've got UCCX Premium or IP IVR.

G.

Hi Gergely,

I've got the Apache Commons Codec installed and have created the code to convert a Byte Array into a base64 string. However I stuck trying to get the Prompt into a Byte Array.

As I understand it, I can convert a prompt to a Hex string just by using a Set step:

1. Set voiceString = voicePrompt - is this correct?

2. Then I can use your code from another post to convert the String from Hex to a Byte array:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-27417

3. Use the Commons Codec to convert the Byte Array to Base64 string.

Do these steps sound correct?

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi,

well, actually, this is what you need to do:

0. /* use the necessary steps to have a prompt, let's say, voicePrompt */

1. Set voiceString = {

int bufSize = 16384;

int bytesReadLength = 0;

}

try {

return org.apache.commons.codec.binary.Base64.encodeBase64String(baos.toByteArray());

catch (Exception e) {

return null;

}

}

If everything goes correctly, the voiceString String variable will contain your base64 encoded prompt, from the voicePrompt variable (which is supposed to be of type Document).

Unfortuantely, I cannot test this at this moment, I will give it a try tomorrow.

G.

Hi,

I tested it this morning and it should work - I replaced one line (try) in order to catch all errors, not just the ones generated by the Commons Codec library.

In my script, I've got two variables:

- voicePrompt - type Document

- voiceString - type String

And the script itself:

1. Start

2. Set voicePrompt = P[800383383.wav]

3. Set voiceString =

{

int bufSize = 16384;

try {

int bytesReadLength = 0;

}

} catch (Exception e) {

return null;

}

}

4. End

The first Set step at 2 is used to create a reference to a prompt. In my case, it's already in the repository, as a file, named 800383383.wav. Of course, I could have used a different way, too, for instance, a Recording step. The key is to have a Document type variable, containg the prompt you want to encode.

The second Set step at 3 actually does all the work. First, we create an empty ByteArrayOutputStream, and then - within a try..catch block, we get the InputStream object of the voicePrompt. Next, we read 16384 bytes chunks of it, until the stream ends, and then we call the static Base64.encodeBase64String, where the argument is actually a byte array, created by calling the toByteArray() method on the baos ByteArrayOutputStream.

So when I tried debugging, this is what popped up:

So the voiceString variable now contains the base64 encoded form of the 800383383.wav binary file.

G.

Thanks Gergely that is working perfectly!