cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5 mysql connector

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

I have UCCX 7 has a connection to mysql database. we have ordered upgrade to uccx 8.5. when I am trying to do integration with mysql, i was shocked because there is no driver class for mysql.

the only drivers that supported are ibm db2, sysbase, jdbc, and oracle.

I have read the compatability matrix that mysql is not supported in any version of UCCX. I have read in some other threads that there is a way to connect to mysql but it is not supported from cisco. Can anyone advice with this method?

thanks in advance

6 Replies 6

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

You can understand why the Cisco product integrates to those databases - they are commercial products. Customers are more likely to have valuable customer data in (say) Oracle than a free DB like MySQL.

Custom java will enable you to connect and query.

You would need the mysql JAR for JDBC. Develop and test the class, build the JAR, use Document Manager to install the JAR. Access the class and methods with Expression Editor.

Regards,

Geoff

hello goeff,

thanks for your reply.

i have download jdbc connector from this site http://www.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/ without any success. when I try to upload the driver I have only four connectors to choose from:

1- com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver

2- oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

3- net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver

4- com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SysDriver

and always i have the following error

JDBC Driver:net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver could not be loaded to class path

what kind of custom java you have advised ?

Regards

Do you understand the basic principles of building custom Java classes and integrating these with UCCX, using the Expression Editor to see the new classes through Java Reflection, being able to instantiate the class and execute methods of the class in the context of a phone call?

Regards,

Geoff

really i don't have experience with building java classess

regards

I figured that.

You just want to use the built-in DB elements to access an external database and run simple queries, but Cisco don't support the database you are using.

There is a way around this - you need a programmer.

Regards,

Geoff

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

to solve this issue i use 3rd party webserver

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: