concord_83
Level 1
Level 1

i have an issue i need help to be resolved

iam facing in my recording in uccx 8.5 bad quality for recording files

my configuration as following

monitor session 1 source interface Fa0/3 , Fa0/7 , Fa0/9

monitor session 1 destination interface Fa0/1 ingress dot1q vlan 2

i read documentats that issue as aresult of dublicate frames so i need to capture only received frames on port , when i changed my source port (monitor session 1 source interface Fa0/3 , Fa0/7 , Fa0/9 rx    )to be received only frames the server port will be unreachable so any help would be appreciated

my edge switch 2960

my voice vlan is 2 and also uccx8.5 in the same vlan 2

7 Replies 7

Graham Old
Level 7
Level 7

Try

monitor session 1 source vlan 2 rx

monitor session 1 destination interface Fa0/1 ingress vlan 2

Graham

i doesnot work the port go to be unreachable

Since the monitoring NIC was moved to the primary NIC in CCX 8.0 it has got very difficult to use SPAN based recording/monitoring.

Can you use the agent/end point recording or are you on Citrix?

Graham

can i use another method for recording ????  iam on windows runing supervisor desktop all i did that imade auto record work flow for recording and i did the span configuration and it gets me

uccx Recording are slow and garbled so what is the other method i can do

If your Agents are on PC's and their PCs are plugged into the back of the phone you can try end point or Desktop Recording.

The CAD program captures the audio from the phone and sends it back to the CCX server.

On the phone you need the "Span to PC port" turned on. That depends on what phone model you are using.

Go to appadmin on the CCX server and then on the top right select "Cisco Desktop Administrator".

In the left panel select Services Configuration/Multiline Monitoring and Recording/VOIP Monitoring Devices

On the right does it say enabled on "Desktop Monitoring". These is where you select between SPAN and Desktop Recording, how is your set?

Graham

it works fine but i put my phones in the same switch can i make this scenario on remote swith or the server in another vlan

like rspan will it work or thre is another restrictions

Desktop monitoring will work anywhere as it sends a copy of the RTP streams to the IP address of the CCX server.

Just be careful of bandwidth as you are sending two more 80 K bit streams from the Agents PC to the CCX server. This can be an issue over WAN links.

Please rate helpful posts.

Graham