cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 9.0 or 8.5?

nkobayashi123
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to know your opinions about UCCX 9.0 or 8.5.  Which version would you recommend to your clients?  I was informed that usually a first version has many bugs....   I know version 9 will have more features than 8.5 but just wondering if you are looking for stability, will it better to go for 8.5 (or wait for 9.02 or 9.5 ) or it does not matter ?      I would appreciate everyone's opinions about this.

Thank you,

Nana

4 Replies 4

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Nana,

Instead of going for UCCX 9.0 as a fresh install, I would suggest you to go for UCCX 8.5 and later on upgrade it to 9.0 (as these two versions are already available), incase if you feel 8.5 was better, you can always switch back to 8.5 version from 9.0, if you follow this path.

Just my thoughts.

Thanks,

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Nan,

My experience with UCCX over the years has been that in fact the first releases is not very stable and it takes couple of SRs to get it stable enough.  I have not deployed 9.0 yes so I cannot speak to it in particular, but my approach would be to install it if customer needs the new feature such as new CUIC reporting engine, web chat, etc, and also deploy it to customer that understands the risks of new release and is willing to take that risk. If the contact center is critical to the business and issues are not to be tolerated, I would go with latest 8.5.

HTH, Good luck!

Chris

nkobayashi123
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you so much for your opinions regarding this.      If anyone else has any opinions, please feel free to reply on this disuccsion    Thank you  Nana

Glad to help!

Please remember to rate all useful posts!

Chris