Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 9 Reactive Script debug stopped working :-(

Jdh....
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I thought I'd post on here before I tear out any of my remaining hair that I have left !,

The Reactive debugging has stopped working on the install of UCCX 9 (9.0.2.10000-71), I have several scripts loaded on the system which reactive debugging was working like a dream ...then all of a sudden  -nothing.

Selecting the script from within the ccx editor,  give it a time to wait  - dial the trigger and it plays as normal. nothing changes on the editor screen, it just continues to count down

I've done the following testing with no improvement and cannot figure out what's going here

-refresh scripts & applications

-restarted the laptop thats running the editor, reinstalled the editor,  installed the editor on a different machine

-disabled the firewalls on the computer and on the UCCX server

-rebooted the UCCX server

I've also tried various ideas I've found on other forums & around the web  ( try the editor in win2k mode, etc etc)  there's no firewalls in the path either

Its in a lab environment so can't really engage TAC support, but the same version / deployment will be setup for live customer very soon so It would be pretty cool to figure out what is going here in case I run into this in the real world..     , 

Has anybody seen this before or have any ideas on what this could be ??

Thanks in advance - Have fun !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jdh....
Level 1
Level 1

After a while of poking around at this ( and installing the latest SU!) I've figured out what is causing it  & annoying its quite simple.frown

So,thought I'd share as other people might fall into the same trap........

When choosing the script to perform a debug on I was choosing the selection button to the right of the drop down menu  - Mainly because the drop down menu doesn't always show the full script name & I wanted to make sure that I'm debugging the correct version of script.  (Attached image)  

However selecting the script this way doesn't seem to work with a reactive debug - you have to select it from the drop down menu & take pot luck that you've selected the correct version , assuming you have different version numbers [ Who wouldn't eh ? indecision

I'm pretty certain this worked in older versions of UCCX  (v7) - but I don't have that installed so I'm unable to confirm.

Perhaps this is a bug that Cisco will fix over time  - If it isn't a bug it does beg the question of why that option is there in the first place !!

I hope this information helps out somebody else !   Please rate helpful posts 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Samuel Womack
Level 5
Level 5

Not sure I've heard anything like this in that version of CCX..where I've experienced this is in 'brainfart' situations where the script that is programmed in the Application isn't the actual script I'm choosing when setting up the Reactive Debug Session..

Hi Sam, 

Yes I agree it would appear that the script I'm trying to run the active debug in is different to the one actually being played /processed ...but sadly this isn't the case.

I've edited one of the scripts and stuck a random prompt at the start, saved it  - uploaded it , refresh app etc. dialled it to prove the new prompt plays ...which it does.

However running the reactive debug still does nothing.

This is pure madness !?!?

Jdh....
Level 1
Level 1

After a while of poking around at this ( and installing the latest SU!) I've figured out what is causing it  & annoying its quite simple.frown

So,thought I'd share as other people might fall into the same trap........

When choosing the script to perform a debug on I was choosing the selection button to the right of the drop down menu  - Mainly because the drop down menu doesn't always show the full script name & I wanted to make sure that I'm debugging the correct version of script.  (Attached image)  

However selecting the script this way doesn't seem to work with a reactive debug - you have to select it from the drop down menu & take pot luck that you've selected the correct version , assuming you have different version numbers [ Who wouldn't eh ? indecision

I'm pretty certain this worked in older versions of UCCX  (v7) - but I don't have that installed so I'm unable to confirm.

Perhaps this is a bug that Cisco will fix over time  - If it isn't a bug it does beg the question of why that option is there in the first place !!

I hope this information helps out somebody else !   Please rate helpful posts 

Good Morning JDH,

you may or may not believe it but I've just had the exact same issue happen to me, fixed with your solution, on UCCX 10.6(1)  and 4.5 years after your original posts...!!!!

Good to see Cisco get on top of these annoying issues...

Best wishes,

Matt

You may be interested in being able to troubleshoot scripts retro-actively, and with the need to reactive debug.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/uccx-viewing-executed-script-steps-via-cli/ta-p/3162231

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi John,

thanks for sharing this.

G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: