cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX and CM redundancy

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

I recently added a call manager subscriber to my environment and added this subscriber to uccx under the cisco unified cm configuration for all sections (axl,cti). I restarted the uccx engine after doing so. I then dropped the network on the call manager publisher to attempt failover to the subscriber for uccx. It took awhile but the CTI port finally registered to the cm subscriber and I was able to log into uccx admin as a cucm user which is also an agent. However, I could not log into finesse or the IPPA client while the cm publisher was down with the agent. Is there any other place that I need to check for the cm subscriber setup to uccx?

3 Replies 3

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

I have this working now. I restarted the axl service on cucm subscriber which did not make a difference. I then restarted the uccx server and failover started working. I did try restarting the uccx engine and cisco tomcat prior to restarting the whole server to no luck.

alejandro1987
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @Phil Bradley 

If the contact centers already saw each other and the CUCMs without problem before causing the failure, then it was just a bad time, the HA process mostly occurs between the call managers because remember that they are the call controls, possibly it just took time to raise the HA, I suggest you do the test again to check that it does it correctly. Really, as long as the servers are visible, your scenario should work, although what is between the existing infrastructure and the new subscriber should also be taken into account.

Regards

After you add the CUCM subscriber, you have to add it to the unified telephony config in CCX so it knows about it. Is CCX configured for LAN HA or WAN HA? Are the CUCM and CCX nodes distributed between different data centers, or are they all in one location?