Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX and the future of CAD

gmartindell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've heard rumors that CAD and CSD will no longer be supported with CCX 11.  Can anyone validate if this is true?  I am planning a CCX deployment and need to deploy some of the features in CAD that to my knowledge, Finesse does not yet support (like on demand recording)   I also, do not want to deploy CAD if it will not be supported in the next release.

Thanks in advance,

Glenn

3 Replies 3

I've not heard if CAD is dead on 11, but I would not be surprised if it was going to be. Considering 11 might not be available until late this year you might as well go down the Finesse route.

david

Hi Glenn

You are correct, CAD is intended to be dropped from 11.0. UCCX 10.6 will support (with a patch) both CAD and Finesse concurrently to allow migration.

The two are very different, and there are feature disparities. Personally on any new deployment I would go Finesse unless there is a very specific requirement that FInesse, or an add-on cannot fulfil. 

For example, CAD on-demand recording is 'easy', but has limited usefulness that generally means it isn't used much even when I've deployed it - inability to retain calls, inefficient interfaces for access, etc. If recording is important a proper recording product may be worth investigating.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

Thanks for the reply.   One of the issues I'm facing is for the ability for agents to do ad hoc recording for malicious calls.   I do not see a way to accomplish this using Finesse and Media Sense without using a workflow which would record all calls based on the workflow criteria.  Is there a way to do this that I'm not aware of?

Thanks,

Glenn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: