Helpful
Replies

UCCX assignment of agent skills based on physical phone login

J_Vansen_S
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,

UCCX11.0

we deployed a fully functional call center a year ago, where agents uses extension mobility to sign into phones & PC for finesse regardless on where they are located in the premise.

Now the customer would like to make some changes to their operation from management perspective. 

Though sometimes mgmt request is mostly high level; and expects tech to fit their requirement perfectly, which i know is not alwez possibble. ill just reconfirm by posting anyway

They would like to place agents sitted physically in a location and automatically recognize its skills

example: agents sitted in:-

Corner A: with skills=Sales, 

Corner B: with skills=Technical

I seriously could not think of any ways to achieve that.?

Unless there is a way to recognize physical mac address of the phones placed in those corner location and somehow tie it to agent skills. 

Workaround i can think of:-

which requires manual reassigning of agent skills by their supervisor whenever they start their shifts.

Eg today agent-1 handles sales only, tomorrow agent-1 handles tech.

Physical location is irrelevant, as they can sign in sitted at their designated corner for the day. 

Then again, can this skills re-assignment be done by the supervisor on finesse side, instead of login into UCCX admin to hard configure it manually

Appreciate any advise

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cannot be done unless they login as different agent ID depending on where they sit. Skills are tied to agent which is tied to a user, there is no dynamic reassignment of skills.  

I can't remember if there's an API for skill assignment in CCX, but I have to imagine there is. If so, this is possible but it's going to take some development to get it working. You can create a DB which tracks the workstation, location, and skills, then have a gadget or website which reaches out to UCCX when a person logs in to a workstation. Personally, it seems like a lot of work, but if you have a large agent pool and locations and skills are very dynamic, it might make sense. The other side of this is have location leader with access to CCX to make the skill changes required every day.

david

There definitely is API for CCX to assign skills on newer versions (9+ I believe).

Thanks @Chris Deren I figured there was, crazy that it's been out since 9.x. Given that information half of your job OP might be already done for you, you just need to track the information in a DB.

david