Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Call back feature

mehoolpanchal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have implemented native call back scipt in UCCX. Is there any way we can get the disposition of customer in the call back leg? For example, I need to identify whether the call got connected successfully with the end customer or not.

Currently we are getting contact disposition as 2 in the call back leg irrespective of successful or unsuccessful call.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The second leg is actually UCCX calling your Agent.  So, if the Agent answers UCCX (the automated portion) then the disposition will be Handled.

The Call Redirect which happens afterwards, is well, after that, and therefore the disposition has already been set.  This should then cause us to not look at the disposition anymore, however, you can look to two other places:

1. The Agent can use wrap up codes to code the connection as connected or not
  2. You can program the use of Custom Call Variables and flag the connection as successful or not there

Do you know how to do either or both of those items?

View solution in original post

Yes, I just showed 1 as an example and you could add it to the others with appropriate descriptions.  Just note that the Successful branch does not get one.  I talked about that in my post.  Hopefully, it was clear enough, but if not, just let me know.

Hi Anthony,

I tried this out with reactive debugging. As soon as the agent presses DTMF it goes into successful irrespective whather the call is connected successfully to the end customer or not. Actually I want to know whether the call is getting connected to the end customer or not. Also I'm not getting any value in the reports. I am using call variable 8 to store the result.

8 Replies 8

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The second leg is actually UCCX calling your Agent.  So, if the Agent answers UCCX (the automated portion) then the disposition will be Handled.

The Call Redirect which happens afterwards, is well, after that, and therefore the disposition has already been set.  This should then cause us to not look at the disposition anymore, however, you can look to two other places:

1. The Agent can use wrap up codes to code the connection as connected or not
  2. You can program the use of Custom Call Variables and flag the connection as successful or not there

Do you know how to do either or both of those items?

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the explanation. Can you please let me know how I use custom call variables to flag this. I have the IVR script in which we have embedded native call back script and the default icd.aef script. I'm attaching the IVR script if you can tell me exactly where I flag whether the call was connected or not.

Attaching the screenshot of where we have embedded the native call back scriptin the IVR script for your reference.(highlighted in yellow)

I would think you could introduce the Set Enterprise Call Info steps at the following area.  Note however that the Success one is prior to the Call Redirect.  In this way, you can always ensure you're setting the CCV value with an active Contact, as UCCX can sometimes ignore data destined for a CCV if it's done after the Contact goes inactive.  My testing shows it's possible, but unreliable.

uccx-callback-ccv-success.png

Hi Anthony,

Thank You! I will try this out. Do we need to introduce the Set Enterprise Call Info steps in Invalid and unsuccessful node as well?

Yes, I just showed 1 as an example and you could add it to the others with appropriate descriptions.  Just note that the Successful branch does not get one.  I talked about that in my post.  Hopefully, it was clear enough, but if not, just let me know.

Hi Anthony,

I tried this out with reactive debugging. As soon as the agent presses DTMF it goes into successful irrespective whather the call is connected successfully to the end customer or not. Actually I want to know whether the call is getting connected to the end customer or not. Also I'm not getting any value in the reports. I am using call variable 8 to store the result.

Actually, that's a limitation of the Call Redirect step.  UCCX is performing a blind trasnfer, and as long as CUCM can send progress to UCCX for the call proceeding, UCCX will treat it like a success.  There's not real way around that, which I know of.  In which case, and this will negate your other issue with the CCV not showing in your report, move to the Agent based wrap-up code solution, allowing them to classify the call such as: answered, voicemail, busy, no answer, fax, wrong number, do not call, etc.

Can you please tell how to get agent information who accepted or handled the call back call. I tried a lot nothing successful. Im not understanding where Im missing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: