cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX call back name recording not working

Shibin_AN
Level 1
Level 1

We have UCCX call back feature which works internally without any issues. When PSTN calls made name recording not heard by agent which causes agent not to identify the customers. I would like to check where this recordings has saved or any issue while executing the steps. Recently we upgraded UCCX from 8.X to 11.X. Can you assist. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I have a guess as to what might be happening. Is your PSTN voice gateway by chance negotiating g711alaw as the audio codec? If it is, then UCCX will not be able to record that audio. However, internally your IP Phones are likely negotiating g711ulaw as the audio codec, which UCCX can record. Do you know how to tell which audio codec is in use on your gateway and/or phones?

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I have a guess as to what might be happening. Is your PSTN voice gateway by chance negotiating g711alaw as the audio codec? If it is, then UCCX will not be able to record that audio. However, internally your IP Phones are likely negotiating g711ulaw as the audio codec, which UCCX can record. Do you know how to tell which audio codec is in use on your gateway and/or phones?