cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Call Not Answered

e11enco1eman
Level 1
Level 1

When a UCCX agent does not answer a call and the call is returned to the queue, where in the queue does it go?  Does it go to next available agent or is it placed at the end of the queue?  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The simple answer is: The call never leaves the queue, and the next available agent will get the call. If there are no next available agents, then it stays in position 1 in the queue until there is a next available agent. I'm sure there are more complex details under the hood, but that's the simple view of it.
For contrast, just in case you see this somewhere, you do not have to increase the priority of the call and re-queue it. That is misinformation which has been spread around, and stems from the other contact center product Cisco has: UCCE.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The simple answer is: The call never leaves the queue, and the next available agent will get the call. If there are no next available agents, then it stays in position 1 in the queue until there is a next available agent. I'm sure there are more complex details under the hood, but that's the simple view of it.
For contrast, just in case you see this somewhere, you do not have to increase the priority of the call and re-queue it. That is misinformation which has been spread around, and stems from the other contact center product Cisco has: UCCE.

If the Agent who did not answer the call has the highest skill level, will the call always return to the same agent or will the call go to the next available agent in the queue with a lower skill level?

e11enco1eman
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you very much.  That is exactly what I was looking to find out!

You're welcome. I found it interesting, that this was your second post ever, with your first post being 13 years ago. Welcome back!