cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX CallBack Menu Prompt When Agent answer a call is not playing

tahir.filipovic
Level 1
Level 1

When the call is answered by an agent, it suppose to play a prompt to the agent asking pressing any digit to listen the message the user left.
The prompt is in pListenRecordedMessage variable.
The key that the agent pressed is in strAnyDigit variable.
ISSUE:
Menu is functioning but prompt is not playing.

I found a similiar posting but nobody has a solution.
Regards!
Tahir

11 Replies 11

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you post your script here

Regards

Deepak

Here is the main Queue script.

All other prompts before Call Back is processed are played to caller.

Prompt that is not played is for agent. 

It doesn't let me upload .aef file type:

I get this error:

The specified file baselineadvqueuing.aef could not be uploaded. Only files with the following extensions are allowed: txt rtf doc docx xls xlsx ppt pps ppsx pptx pdf odt odp ods jpg jpeg png gif arf zip.

Issue is solved by changing system default language.

I solved the issue:

I stored the prompt files in a Engilsh Canada (en_ca) and forgott to configure the default language as en_ca.

After doing that, I could hear prompt.

wenqianyu
Level 3
Level 3

Looks to me a codec mismatch. CCX prompts play back in a codec different from what agent phone uses.

Wenqian Yu

Ill check this.

Thank you!

I just checked on my phone:

I dial trigger point from Cisco phone to app and I hear prompts, Codec is G711, I enter call back number, my cell. I hang up. I make agent available on CallBack skillset and I use th esame Cisco phone as above.

I answer the call and don't hear prompt. Pressing ? on the phone it shows G711 Codec.

My UCCX is programmed to use G711 under system parameters.

CCX configured as g711, but my feeling is that it uses g711u. We do have phones with g711a codec getting issues with CCX announcement.

If you use the same Cisco phone to leave a call back number and then get phone call for this queued callback call, then codec should not be the issue. I will test that particular prompts and see whether it plays as normal announce.

I solved the issue:

I stored the prompt files in a Engilsh Canada (en_ca) and forgott to configure the default language as en_ca.

After doing that, I could hear prompt.

Good to know this. We have never tried language other than default. Will keep in the mind.

Thanks

Wenqian

I found this post from 4 years ago and issue was with default language:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11387266/uccx-851-does-not-play-prompts-another-session-voicemail-script

Maic Naatz 4 years ago

of course, i modified the script to upload the voice message as an document. So, the message is stored in the uccx database and accessible via another script and UCCX administration web page. But, sorry, this is not the problem.

The problem is the prompt for the agent, who receives the call with the message. After answering the call, the agent have to hear the instruction: Press 1 to hear the message, press 2 for callback the caller. But this message is missing, because of playing it to an session orginated by the voicemail script.

Explanation: The voicemail script records the message and dial the trigger of the CSQ with the voicemail queueing script. So the caller is caught in the voicemail script and the receiving agent is caught in the queueing script. The trick is, to create an prompt step within the the voicemail script to send a prompt to the agent who is caught in the queueing script. This is possible with the helpness of the session information.

The solution for my problem is right simple:

I stored the prompt files in a de_DE path for german (und ich entschuldige mich hier auch gleich für mein schlechtes englisch ;-)) and forgott to configure the default language as german (de_DE). After doing that, something works fine.

As investigated, the prompt step and the menu step are not able to play prompts in the manner "Play Prompt, icd_Contact, promptDir + "PromptX.wav" to another session. It seems that this steps always use the base of the default prompt path as configured in the system parameters page. Now i can use the play Prompt as followed: Play Prompt (icd_Contact, P[PathA/PathB/PromptX.wav]).