cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX DB Read/Write when Back office SQL Server fails?

rore
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts!

We are testing a number of "exceptions" with our 2 x UCCX servers HA" and now we will start using DB Read, GET and Write in our UCCX scripts. To be sure that the script will continue work if you loose your Backend office SQL servers is there anything that you need to consider like "On exception" goto in the script.?

Questions summary:

1. Will the SQL enabled script continue to work if you loose Backend office SQL?

2. IF the UCCX failover (HA setup) will the DSN connection from UCCX to SQL continue to work in the new elected UCCX Master?

SQL=2008

UCCX = 8.02SU3

rgds, Ronnie

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
1. Will the SQL enabled script continue to work if you loose Backend office SQL?

That depends on you. The Read step has a Timeout branch and the Write step has a Connection Not Available. You would need to account for these conditions in your script. There are a few exceptions related to the database but I have not seen these set often:

2. IF the UCCX failover (HA setup) will the DSN connection from UCCX to SQL continue to work in the new elected UCCX Master?

Sure if the other UCCX engine can access the DSN. Each engine would attempt its own ODBC connection.

rore
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jon!

Thank you for answer!

So you now that it works in real life!?  I actually tested to change the IP address on the DSN connection to a "not working" IP address and tried to call into my script and then saw (in a debug) that it was just sitting there on the DB read without continue!

Thx, Mikael

Hi

Yes, it should fail to the timeout branch. Give it plenty of time, it might be just waiting longer than you think to timeout. I've not had the privilege of doing a DB integration on an 8.x system yet, but since most other things are bug riddled in these versions a default java-style 30 second timeout wouldn't be a surprise :-)

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi there!

I tried the Timeout which seemed to default to about 7 seconds!

I cut the connnection to the SQL DB, stopped the SQL server .etc. and it branched to the  "connection not available"

most of the times.

Thx, it worked and now i sleep better!

Rgds, Mikael & Ronnie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: