cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX /Finesse - 10.6-Variable- agent manually change or enter text

lleweyiss
Level 4
Level 4

We recently upgraded from 7.1 to 10.6  , we changed from CAD to Finesse for the agents.

In previous version all Scripts were initially  written long time ago by a vendor and I just pretty much copied over the scripts and variables and such.

Previously the Agents in the CAD could fill in information or change it,  for instance if the customer did not provide a Contact ID,  the initial agent would authenticate the caller and add the Contact ID into the CAD, then they would transfer the caller to an agent that would ultimately take care of the customer (pretty much how Cisco TAC does their call center).  

In Finesse the Agents dont seem to be able to edit those variable fields like they did with CAD.  Did I leave something off when I was copying all the information from the old to the new.  Is there some check mark or field I should have done something with to allow them to edit?

3 Replies 3

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please note the functionality that you are talking about is not present natively even with CAD. What you are talking about is a sort of questionnaire/form that agents were able to fill on the fly that I believe you must have Custom integrated inside/within CAD.

That functionality can be provided within Finesse Desktop as well, however you will need to create/develop a gadget for the same. 2Ring is a third party Cisco Partner out there for customizing Finesse Agent/Supervisor desktop requirements such as this and lot others, hence please check with them since this cannot be done natively within Finesse either

https://www.2ring.com/GADGETS

Regards

Deepak

The CAD had been installed and programmed by a Cisco Partner,  dont remember him stating it was custom.  The agents would click inside the CAD on a field for a variable and would enter in a ticket number for instance or contact ID .

It would definitely had been custom since the functionality you are talking about is not native either with CAD or Finesse.

Regards

Deepak