Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX HA failover, what is sync'ed?

tony loktu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

When setting up UCCX HA the configuration is sync'ed with the heatbeat and if the primary failes the slave takes over.

I have found information about the exchange of configuration but i havent found information about what happens with the sessions in progress when the primary fails.

Is it stateful? Meaning that the sessions are copied from primary to the slave so the sessions that are in progress are kept alive or will they have to be reestablished (the callers are disconnected and have to place the call again).

If i have overlooked the document(s) describing this i'd like to be refered to it    

Thanks in advance.        

/Tony

1 Reply 1

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Tony,

If UCCX Publisher (primary Engine) fails and Subscriber (second Node) takes over the Engine mastership (assuming that the CUCM is up and running during this time and no failover is happening in CUCM cluster) than,

1. All the connected calls will continue to work, eventhough you will see a warining message in the CAD and CSD stating that the active conection to th UCCX first node is lost, the RTP is kept alive but you may not see the exact call detail recordes because Primary engine fails here. However the CAD and CSD will automatically get connected to the UCCX second Node.

2. New calls attempetd during this failover time will not get connected, you need to wait untill the secondary nodes takes control fully.

3. You can not perform any config changes if any one of the UCCX node is down in a High Availability setup.

4. IPPA Agents need to login one more time with the UCCX second node service selected.

Hope this helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: