cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Hot Script Update

DrVoIP
Level 1
Level 1

Can you update a script while it is running?   If you have to get in an change the script from Open to Closed because of the Time of Day, Day of Week needs updateing, any danger when uploading the revised script?  

Peter Buswell

Peter Buswell (aka DrVoIP)
http:/drvoip.com/blog
4 Replies 4

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi.

Well if you are a really, really good Java programmer - you aren't - then the answer is: yes, probably, by modifying the binary format of the script.

What you should consider is to have one script, that would act differently based on a certain piece of information. This piece of information may be saved as an XML file, or a properties file, or a record in a database; in a way that an external application could access and change it.

G.

Not sure I understand your coment about Java programming?  I just wanted to know if you can upload a new script while the old script was running?

I was able to download from a production system the script in question.  I then went into the script, made the time changes I needed to make, uploaded the script, hit refresh application and script and the system did not crash, no calls were lost and the changes were accepted.

So I got the answer to my question by trying it.

Thanks for the comments.

Peter Buswell

Peter Buswell (aka DrVoIP)
http:/drvoip.com/blog

If you overwrite an existing AEF file and then refresh it [sync to disk] the next triggering call will use it. Existing calls will not be disrupted unless of course your new code crashes the entire MIVR engine (e.g. infinite loop).

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

ecornwell
Level 2
Level 2

Peter,

You can add variables to your script as parameters that allow you to change the functionality of the script through the application that you create.  You can also act on external sources like Gergely stated. 

We use both of those a lot in our scripts.  (Holiday check, manual open/closed, etc. all use external sources. XML/DB Query)  If you get creative you can make time of day checks based on parameters as well. 

As Jonathan stated, you can update the script on the live system and the next trigger gets the changes.  It is highly recommened not to do that unless necessary.