cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Multiple AXL Service Providers

jacob.dryer
Level 1
Level 1

We recently had an outage in UCCX where the CUCM publisher went down and nobody was able to login to UCCX because we only had the publisher listed as a AXL Service Provider.  I added our subscribers to the "Selected AXL Service Providers" but am worried that this wont do any good because the AXL Web Service is not running on any of them (Cisco documentation says to "Activate on the first node only" for the AXL Web Service). 

Can anyone tell me if adding a subsriber to the "Selected AXL Service Providers" without activating the "AXL Web Service" will still work for UCCX or do I need to activate the service for it to work and can I safely do so?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your thought about it is correct.  Without AXL activated and running on your Sub, nothing is going to happen for you.  You would need to ignore the "only run on pub" and actually run it on your pub, or be out of service when you're pub is out of service.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Thanks for the answer, we will go ahead and test it out this weekend.

Just so you know, having a second AXL service provider is supported by Cisco.  Just check out this section of the Installation Guide for UCCX 9x.

In the Cisco Unified CM Configuration window, the Cisco Unified CCX 9.0(1) AXL Service Provider Configuration area for a Unified CM Cluster setup displays a list of IP addresses of the AXL Service Providers sorted by priority, where the Unified CM Publisher is listed first followed by the Unified CM Subscribers. During the AXL Service Provider Authentication in the Unified CM Cluster deployment, the priority is given to the Unified CM Publisher. However, if the Unified CM Publisher is offline or not available, the next available Unified CM Subscriber is chosen for user authentication. You can also change the priority of the AXL Service Providers, if necessary, by selecting the IP address of an AXL Service Provider in the list and clicking the up and down arrow.

Note       

As per the Unified CM design, even if the Unified CM Publisher is listed after a Unified CM Subscriber, the system will use the Unified CM Publisher for authentication. However, if the Unified CM Publisher is offline, the Unified CM Subscriber will use its own database to authenticate.

Source:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_9_0/installation/guide/UCCX_BK_I296D4AC_00_install-guide-uccx_chapter_0100.html#UCCX_TK_S152D4E4_00 - Step 10

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.