Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX: Position in queue and real position in scheduler queue

aalejo
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

When using UCCX stats is posible to get position in queue BUT since agents can share skill from different queues, real time scheduler queue can be much longer.

It is posible to get the real position of that call on the scheduler queue?

For example:

Queue A, Skill A, 20 calls

Queue B, Skill B, 20 Calls

Agent 1 have Skills A and Skill B

Next Call on Queue A:

Position in queue acording to UCCX step is 21  but REAL position in scheduler is 41 since UCCX uses FIFO among queues.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

FabianSchmidt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

not the answer you are looking for but me and my colleagues had this question since a few years ago and we do not know of any possible way to do this unfortunately.

Even if you could solve this, then if the Calls have a different priority it ends here...

5 Calls in queue, 6 comes in but gets the highest priority and is suddenly number 1 in queue, i believe there is no way to get a 100% accurate number.

Fabian

Hi Fabian

Priority queue makes even more difficult to find an answer to this. But at least if i get an answer without PQ it will be a better world 

Alex

Personally and what I tell all my customers is that you should never give position in queue to the customer.  It's an unreliable measure.  If you want to give the customer some information, give them a time window, less than 15 minutes, less than 30 minutes, etc.

david    

I undestand your point but if a customers wants to show position in queue even if is unreliable, there should be a way to see it.  It is  the customer choice to use it or not.

For example the EWT that UCCX does is VERY VERY VERY unreliable but is still there to see.

The Get Reporting Statistics step is looking at a specific CSQ. It doesn't understand that you have the same pool of agents handling multiple CSQs. If you want to inform the caller of this you should get the calls waiting from both CSQs and then add them together.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

HI Jonathan

Yes, on this example adding both queues would do it, i put it only to ilustrate the useless of the get position in queue  and the need of something more general.

In my project, skill are not evenly distribute between agents and agents logins and logout all the time. Because of that it is not as simple as adding severals queues together. A function should be provided that gives the real time position of the call at anytime in the scheduler and not the simple position in one queue.

Thanks