Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Prompt Directory default folder 11.6

tbeverly
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My previous vendor created a script that allows verified users to rerecord prompts and then have them uploaded to prompt folder to overwrite existing prompt. However the rerecord prompt goes to a sub folder under en_US called promptadmin. In doing this I have to manually download the new prompt and move it to the en_US folder. This becomes cumbersome. I would like for the prompt to be delivered to the en_US folder. I have attached both the script and folder structure. Please advise on how to accomplish my goal. Thanks in advance.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Just remove "promptdir + " from the upload prompt step.

Therefore, this: "promptdir + s2" becomes simply "s2"

Actually, one more thing, just make sure the overwrite radio button on the upload prompt step is set to True. This will allow it to change an existing prompt, as well as upload new prompts.

View solution in original post

No, it's fine to have variables defined there, which you don't actually need or use. Once you validate that it's doing what you want, then maybe yes, go back and delete it. Be sure to always use the Tools > Validate option before saving, just to be sure you didn't break a reference to a variable by removing it.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

tbeverly
Level 1
Level 1

Forgot to add second file.

Thank you

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Just remove "promptdir + " from the upload prompt step.

Therefore, this: "promptdir + s2" becomes simply "s2"

Actually, one more thing, just make sure the overwrite radio button on the upload prompt step is set to True. This will allow it to change an existing prompt, as well as upload new prompts.

Thank you Anthony. I will try this evening. One other question, do I also need to change or remove altogether the promptdir ->string->"PrompAdmin" under variable?

Thank you

No, it's fine to have variables defined there, which you don't actually need or use. Once you validate that it's doing what you want, then maybe yes, go back and delete it. Be sure to always use the Tools > Validate option before saving, just to be sure you didn't break a reference to a variable by removing it.

Once again Anthony your suggestions worked like a charm. Thank you for all your help!

You're welcome. Keep asking questions, and we'll keep answering them.