cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Questions on Dequeue Step and Wait Time/Current Oldest

Jason Amick
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a script setup with a queue loop integer and once the counter is = 3 then I dequeue the call and stuff it in an overflow CSQ which in turn has some additional agents to help out with the calls.  The problem I see is that when I dequeue the contact and put it in the overflow CSQ then the current oldest/wait time in supervisor resets to "0".  Is there a way I can retain the callers hold time when being pushed into the overflow CSQ?  Thanks!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since the statistics the supervisor is looking at pertain to specific CSQ they reset if you de-queue the call. One thing you could consider is nested queueing, where you do not de-queue from the original CSQ, but simply add on another select resource step hence expand the queue to additional CSQs.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since the statistics the supervisor is looking at pertain to specific CSQ they reset if you de-queue the call. One thing you could consider is nested queueing, where you do not de-queue from the original CSQ, but simply add on another select resource step hence expand the queue to additional CSQs.

Deren, Thanks but how do you script for nested CSQs without getting occasional contact stuck in queue issue?  Do you have an example script?  Thanks!!

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-contact-center-express/63710-multi-csqs-call.html

Chris:

I did test the functionality of the nested CSQ option you provided and it does work as the call end up being queued in both CSQs and retains the hold time in the original CSQ while it is also queued to the overflow CSQ.  However I am skeptical to do this as I do not have any idea how it could impact reporting such as answer rate, abandoned, and handled calls.  When the call gets overflowed and supervisor reports 2 calls (1 per CSQ but same contact) will this show that the agent actually handled 2 calls?  Thanks!!

You are correct, this will have implications on reporting as the call will show up for both CSQs, it I recall it shows up as either "other" or "dequeued" for the CSQ that did not handle the call. It should be easy to test it out. 

Chris:

I did a test and using real time displays in supervisor desktop the results I saw were that the call that overflowed and was then handled by an agent (myself) I saw it display as handled in the original test CSQ and dequeued from the Overflow CSQ.  However when I run a Contact Service Queue Activity Report in HRC the call does not display under column Calls Dequeued but it does report under column Calls Handled by Other.  I have attached a couple screenshots of my testing.  Thanks!!

OK, as I said it's either "other" or "dequeue" (did not recall for sure).  Nothing you can do to change it, and at least you can identify these calls.

Let us know if there is anything else you need on this topic, otherwise please mark the thread as answered.

Chris