Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Reading XML file hosted on IIS web server

hi guys,

i have a customer on CCX 8.5 environment and they have a .NET application running on an IIS web server. As part of this .NET application, the app produce an XML file.

My questions is

"Can CCX read XML file that is hosted externally on IIS web server rather than parsing the XML file on CCX document repository?"

All of the examples of XML parsing points to the XML file in document repository.

Any pointers to links and documentation/example on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

If this is not achievable, if you could kindly suggest a different way of doing it too would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

the short answer is: yes. UCCX is perfectly capable of reading an XML file represented by an URI - you are problably going to use HTTP, right?

What is in this XML file. Can you give us more details.

G.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

the short answer is: yes. UCCX is perfectly capable of reading an XML file represented by an URI - you are problably going to use HTTP, right?

What is in this XML file. Can you give us more details.

G.

Hi Gergely,

Any chance you can expand your answer a little please?

I'd like to update an XML file through something like SharePoint and then read this XML file (using HTTP) from a CCX script. The XML file will have two variables configured in it - OpenTime and CloseTime.

Jeff

Hi,

to be quite honest with you, I don't know anything about Sharepoint - so I am afraid I cannot help you with its XML editing capabilities. XML is just a well formed text file that follows some logical rules, so no additional application is required for editing, in fact, I always encourage everybody to use Notepad/Textpad/ to read and edit XML files. Of course, if it's not possible, you will find a great number of various user friendly XML editing applications.

A UCCX script will normally access an XML using the Create URL Document step and then, using the Get XML Document data step with the help of an XPath expression, will filter out the necessary information from the XML document.

The protocols used are standard and well known, including HTTP and XPath (and XML itself). So it does not really matter what kind of HTTP server serves the XML file, IIS is just an option.

Examples may be found in the Scripting guides for your particular UCCX version.

HTH

G.