Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Recorded file not found in drive with Write Document step

Ismail Khawaja
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

Im trying to make a script where i can let the customer record a voice message when all agents are busy. for that i have made one very simple script where i am just recording the voice message, saving it in a variable with type Document and with Write Document step im trying to save it on my drive on "c:/temp/recording.wav". When i call at the trigger i get prompted for recording the voice message after which i press # to finish my message.

But the issue is that no file gets created on the destination folder. Im attaching the screenshot for your reference.

Any ideas what im missing here? Any help will be highly appreciated!

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What version of CCX are you using, because as of version 8 CCX is an appliance with no ability to store files on local C: drive.

Hi Chris,

Im using CCX 11. so that means i cant use this method to get the file on my drive.

Can you think of any other ways to achieve what im trying to do?

You can store the message in CCX prompt repository for example, but why not just send the caller to voicemail?

To my understanding i cant use upload step without user authentication step first. and that is not possible in the customer scenario. 

How will i go about setting up a voicemail? im fairly new to ccx scripting.