cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX RNA Question

Jason Amick
Level 1
Level 1

Quick UCCX question on ring no answer.  If an agent gets up from their desk and does not mark themselves "not ready" and they receive a call from the queue and once the RNA timeout occurs it puts the agent automatically in "not ready" woth a reason code of RNA.  My question is when the call/contact is directed back to the queue will it keep its current queue time and be the next call to route to a "ready" agent?  I assume it would but could not find any cisco documentation to be sure.Thanks!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes. The Select Resource has a few behaviors that happen without an obvious visual representation of it within the script editor; this is one of them as long as you don't intervene with a Goto step or something. The caller will retain their position in queue, all statistics (e.g. Wait Duration) will continue to increment, and the next agent will be rang automatically if one is available. When all agents are exhausted the contact will be shunted back to the top of the Queued branch automatically. Every time an agent RNAs and the caller has to return to the Queued branch they will start from the top; it does not pick up where they left off in that loop. This means that if you have some logic that you only want to happen once (e.g. play their position in queue or estimated wait duration) then you would need to wrap that inside an If step with a boolean variable that gets toggled after it is played once.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes. The Select Resource has a few behaviors that happen without an obvious visual representation of it within the script editor; this is one of them as long as you don't intervene with a Goto step or something. The caller will retain their position in queue, all statistics (e.g. Wait Duration) will continue to increment, and the next agent will be rang automatically if one is available. When all agents are exhausted the contact will be shunted back to the top of the Queued branch automatically. Every time an agent RNAs and the caller has to return to the Queued branch they will start from the top; it does not pick up where they left off in that loop. This means that if you have some logic that you only want to happen once (e.g. play their position in queue or estimated wait duration) then you would need to wrap that inside an If step with a boolean variable that gets toggled after it is played once.

Jonathan:

Thanks for the detailed response, not only did you answer my original question but ended up answering my second question.  Thanks for the quick response.