cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX script editor not working

Ahmed Awida
Level 1
Level 1

1-The loading bar down of the screen always loading and never finishes.Please  take a look to the attached picture.

2-When i go to the uccx and want to change the server from hostname to ip address,i always get update failed.

I am so new in uccx,help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You have come to the right place to ask questions on UCCX.

Please take some time to read through the product manuals, as they are full of good information and will answer most of your questions.

UCCX Documentation Home Page

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

On to your two questions:

1.  This is not a loading bar.  This bar is completely useless, and all it's telling you is how much memory the Editor has available to it in order to process things.  The button to the right is simply a "garbage collector" which will attempt to free up any abandoned memory, but mostly it just sits there looking pretty.  You really don't need to bother with either of these too status bar items, and can ignore them.

Source: UCCX Scripting Volume 1 - Getting Started with Scripts

2. It's been about two years since I've completed an install of UCCX, and therefore don't have this information fresh in my head.  I did spend  few minutes trying to find documentation on the topic, but to no avail.  I was only really able to read the Help page for that specific page (Help > For This Page), however, it didn't make a big deal about changing the value.  It simply says, change it and then click Save.

Could you post the exact error message you are receiving?  Also, what is your intention with changing the hostname to IP?  Unlike CUCM where you may want to remove DNS dependency on the phones to communicate with the server, UCCX clients use the IP address regardless.  So perhaps it's not a necessary step?

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Thanks Anthony.

for question 2# yes i wanted to remove dns dependency like in cucm.

It shows me Update Failed

Here is a new question :

The ip phone agent single sign on.I have done all the steps right and created the telecaster user and associated the phones with it and also with rmcm user all the phones needed are under it's control but when i press the service button it displays to me a message that : The phone is not associated with the user RM JTAPI ?

Could you help in this,i have checked all the steps and couldn't find any mistake in my config.I restarted the cti on cucm and rebooted the uccx server.No difference.

Also may be some thing with me but,  uccx documents are the worst documents that i have ever read,Is there any book published for uccx ?

Thanks man

Sorry, but I don't have any suggestions for you on updating the hostname to IP.  I would just say leave it, because the clients which use UCCX don't contact it via hostname anyway.  To prove this, just check the IPPA service URL, or the CAD PostInstall.exe

The telecaster user feature is only needed when you want UCCX to "push" the Call Data (cData) screen to the IPPA phones automatically.  Otherwise, your Agents will need to manually press the cData softkey to see this data.

What do you mean Single Sign On?  I'm pretty sure you don't mean SSO, rather One Touch Login (OTL).  One Touch Login requires the Agent phone to be working regularly first.  So if your Agents cannot login to IPPA now, they wont be able to use OTL.

Your error message makes it seem like your Agent phone is not associated with your RMCM Application User in CallManager.  To check, go to CallManager administration, User Mgmt > Application Users > Find RMCM User > Look at the list of associated devices > Find your Agent phone.

There is no UCCX book.  Hmm...I think you just gave me an idea...

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.