cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX script issue - maintaining a variable value after a call completes

gerheauserm
Level 1
Level 1

I have been tasked to add an "emergency announcement turn on/off" section to an existing script for a call center.  I have all items working, except the function of setting a variable (related to a specific emergency announcement - there are 9 such possibilites/announcements for the users to pick from) and having it keep it's value for all follow on calls through the system.  Can anyone shed some light on how to accomplish this?

Much thanks

Mark Gerheauser

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mark

The typical way to set a variable is to put it in an XML file. Search the forums for that and you should find some examples of how to use the XML transform and Upload Document steps to achieve it.

If it's just an announcement you want to insert, I would do it like this:

1) Have your 'main' script or scripts reference a known prompt name, such as emergency.wav

2) Have a library of your 9 pre-recorded annoucements on the system already.

3) Give your customer a new script that allows them to pick one of those 9 prompts, and based on their choice the script would upload the selected recording as 'emergency.wav' so that it overwrites the exsiting one.

4) Now when that prompt is overwritten, users will hear the new emergency prompt.

You can then enhance that with stuff like an ad-hoc message recording facility, or the ability to clear that emergency message completely. etc.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I like your design approach.  I am a bit of a novice with all this, so hopefully just one follow up quesion.  How do I get the "selected" prompt to become the emergency.wav prompt?

Well... basically it'll go like this:

Menu - options 1-9, each option would set a Prompt variable ('selectedPrompt' for argument's sake) to 'prompt1.wav' or prompt2.wav etc.

Then you would need to use a sequence of Get User/Authenticate User/Upload Prompt steps all referring to the same User variable to auth a user to the system and use that user to upload the prompt to the repository as emergency.wav

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!