Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Scripting Help Needed

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Experts,

We have a script with more than 20 triggers. The default language is set to French.

The caller calls into our organization and presses 9 to change the language to English. After going through some prompts and making some selections, the call is finally connected to an agent. The agent answers (English) but needs to transfer the call to a different department. In order to transfer the call, the agent dials a 7 digits extension which triggers the same DNIS AWARE script. The caller hears some prompts again and makes some sĆ©lections and finaly connected to an agent in the transfered departement. The problem I have is the following:

As I mentionned,  the default language is set to French. When the agent sends the call back to the DNIS AWARE script,  the caller hears the prompts in French. Please see the attached screenshot.

How can I make the caller to continue to hearing the prompts in English as chosen at the begining. I thought using SESSIONS would help to accomplish this task but it looks like a session can only be used btw two scripts and in my case there's only one. When the agent sends the call back, the script considers it as a new call and sets the language to French.

Thanks,

MK

1 Accepted Solution
7 Replies 7

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Actually sessions can be used in the same script as well. However, you can set the language of the contact itself, and as long as that contact does not leave a UCCX controlled endpoints (CTI Port or Agent DN), then the language choice will be remembered. Can you show us a screenshot of the option 9 section where you switch to English?

Hi Anthony,

Please find attached the required screenshot.

Thanks,

MK

So, at least not there you are not actually changing the language from French to English. Are you doing it somewhere else? Or, how are you now using that variable later on in the script? You should be using the Set Contact Info step to actually change the language.

Hello Anthony,

By pressing 9 in the Main Menu, the language changes to English and the prompts play in English and it works fine.  The prompt tab in the MainMenu is configured as follow.

pMenuPrincipal@ language

Please find attached the changing language variable before pressing 9 and after pressing 9.

Thanks

MK

I this point, I would recommend that you use the Session approach to store the language choice, and then read the language choice later.

Do you know how to work with Session objects?

I would appreciate if you could send me an example of configuration that I can follow.

Thanks,

MK