Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Scripting questions

Sam Sam
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I am working on a script, but I have got one requirement from my customer to enable BCP/DR plan, that is if for some reason there is an emergency, I need to create XML file that will have around 10 different mobile numbers where I can redirect the call to, but it needs to be done in the round robin way.

Anyone has any idea, how I can achieve this bit using the XML? How I can create a counters which increases by 1 until all the 10 and then read the XML documents and update it or something to do with the Java scripting.

Unfortunately not a very scripting design expert, but if some one can just guide what would be the best approach to do this would be appreciated.

I can provide the existing script and the required call flow.

TIA.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

seanvaid
Level 3
Level 3

I would be interested in seeing a better answer than mine, as I also have a similar requirement coming up..

I was thinking a blind transfer to a cucm hunt group with dn's that have single number reach set up

View solution in original post

Doesn't matter how good you are at scripting. It would be really messy and not at all best practice. 

Easiest solution is to rely on cucm in this case. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

seanvaid
Level 3
Level 3

I would be interested in seeing a better answer than mine, as I also have a similar requirement coming up..

I was thinking a blind transfer to a cucm hunt group with dn's that have single number reach set up

Sean,

I think this is the easiest and most foolproof solution, if I wanted it done quickly I would go down this path. If I had more time, I would forget the voice and send an SMS/Email to all parties.

david

That's what struck to my mind after posting this. 

I guess I have to go that route as I am not expert in the scripting. I wish I was. I know the logic, but I cant implement it as I am not sure of the XML syntax

Thanks for the response. 

Doesn't matter how good you are at scripting. It would be really messy and not at all best practice. 

Easiest solution is to rely on cucm in this case. 

I agree, CUCM is something that I know and confident about. Since I don't have much time left, so I will do that.

Hi Sean...

I was able to design the script if you are still interested. I couldn't go the single number reach path as my customer wanted to add 50 mobile numbers in the list and as configuring the SNR for every 50 users was not feasible and also changing the numbers after the agent leaves was problem for the support staff as well.

This example is configured for 4 mobile numbers only, but the logic will remain same for 50 mobile numbers.

The script and XML file are attached, let me know if you have any issues in understanding.

Nice, thanks. I'll be referencing it in the near future.