Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - Send busy signal to PSTN

Hello Experts,

I need your help with one UCCX requirement. 

I am trying to implement a call flow which will check for number of calls in the queue before accepting a call. It should send the call back to PSTN with a busy signal if the threshold for calls in queue is reached. 

I tried two options. 

Option1 : using "reject" step in UCCX script 

This option rejects the call, but sends a call rejected (21) cause code to the PSTN. But the PSTN expects User Busy (17) cause code. 

Option 2: using "UCCX Busy Application"

When calls in queue reaches a threshold, the main application's script transfers the call using Call Redirect step to UCCX Busy application. 

The UCCX Busy applications's trigger is set to allow a maximum of 2 sessions. 

In this case, the BUSY application returns a Normal Call Clearing (16) cause code. 

Is there any way to force the Busy application to send User Busy as the cause code ? 

Note: I configured UCCX busy application as mentioned in this link : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_0/configuration/guide/UCCX_BK_W1AF9DDD_00_uccx-admin-guide-10-0/UCCX_BK_W1AF9DDD_00_uccx-admin-guide-10-0_chapter_0101.html#UCCX_TK_C6F3C624_00

Thanks,

Anand 

2 Replies 2

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Please try configuring max sessions on UCCX application without having anything configured in Default application.

along with above, please also try to configure the max session on CTI Route point in CUCM. it will be CTI route point DN configuration page at the bottom and see if any of those helps.

imtiazqadeer
Level 1
Level 1

Have same issue.  Tried a number of things ..

Busy signal works if call is internal to CTI RP.

We need to send busy signal to PSTN.