Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Sessions : bypassing default session timeout manually

dgonzo715
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Dilemma: When Script A calls Script B and passes session variable, and they are used, I would like to kill that session without waiting for default session timeout to expire.

Why, you ask? When Script A passes caller to the trigger on script B, I use the variables to set a modify an XML doc. If someone inadvertently calls that trigger before the session timeout, I want to avoid having the script use the previous variables stored in the session. I could probably reset the variables to some defaults after being used, but was just wondering.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You don't need to create a new session. Just store the variables into the Triggering Contact session. It will be carried over to script B automatically. Use the Get Contact Info step on both scripts to get the session ID and store it into a variable. From there you can use the normal Get/Set Session Info steps to store and retrieve variable data. No mapping ID required and it won't have the risk of being reused by other calls.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Not to my knowledge but I something sounds odd here. Does Script B have a single fixed session mapping ID it’s looking for?
Did you know that a clean Call Redirect from one Application/Script to the Trigger of another will maintain the same Triggering Contact session automatically?

hmm. After re-reading my OP I may not have been so clear:

In Script A, I create a session and populate 2 variables to be passed. Script A performs a call redirect to Script B. Script B does a 'getSessionInfo' from the same mapping ID created in Script1. I use the variables to do an XML write and then disconnect.

My concern is that the session timeout is 30 minutes and want to mitigate any possibility of someone directly dialing Script B trigger within that 30 minute window and having the variables of that cached session used again.

I could probably manually reset those session variables to some benign default after use, but was just wondering if there was some {clear session <MapID>} function somewhere. you're probably right -

You don't need to create a new session. Just store the variables into the Triggering Contact session. It will be carried over to script B automatically. Use the Get Contact Info step on both scripts to get the session ID and store it into a variable. From there you can use the normal Get/Set Session Info steps to store and retrieve variable data. No mapping ID required and it won't have the risk of being reused by other calls.

OK - so I presume the session info gets cleared when the associated contact is terminated in that case. I wasnt't sure, thanks.

The session will be destroyed 30 minutes after the call ends by default. I believe your concern is a collision where the session would be reused across unrelated calls. CUCM has us covered here with the concept of a global call ID, known as an Implementation ID within CCX. A unique session is automatically generated for the Triggering Contact with the global call ID serving conceptually the same as a Mapping ID. This is why the same call were transferred back to the CCX IVR would still have the same session - a good thing - so long as it didn't hop through a Translation Pattern. A new/unique call from CUCM would get a new session created.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: