Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Sessions with agent Transfer

Hello All,

I'm creating a post call survey that prompts callers for feedback and then writes to CUIC using CPVs.  Currently the agent manually transfers the caller to the post call survey.   I'm using the session data to capture agent info, original CSQ, etc.  All of this is working fine except the issue I'm having is that when I run my Call Custom Variables report, there are two entries for each call.   I'm assuming this is because there is one session when the agent initiates the call and another session when they complete the transfer.   Is there a way to set the session on the final transferred call to match the session ID of the initial agent's call?  Maybe using Session mapping or maybe I'm not using my set and get session steps correctly?   I can get around this in the reports by filtering on my CPVs but would prefer to get the session info correct.

Thanks in advance,

Glenn

1 Reply 1

My customer had similar requirement, in addition to Call Custom Variables report I am sending survey results over email as well. A simple solution is to advise agents to always use ‘Direct Transfer’ option in Finesse to transfer the caller to survey IVR.

In case of direct transfer UCCX maintain existing session so the session variables from script 1 to script 2 works with just Get contact info (to retrieve default session created by uccx), set session info and get session info. You don’t need to map the session id or manually create a new session.

script.jpg

I believe direct transfer is more appropriate for post call survey because you don’t want agent to hear the survey IVR before they could connect the caller to it (unless your survey IVR starts with agent instruction, something like “This is post call survey, you can transfer the call now…”)

‘Consult transfer’ method, might work as well if you map the first session object with unique ID such as caller ID. I think calling number in Get call contact Info would still shows original caller’s numbers even after the call is transferred by agent to the survey script, so you can retrieve the session info using same session mapping ID (which is caller ID).  But I am not sure how would it handle anonymous caller ID and if same caller make back to back calls and speak with different agents.

I am sure you must have came across these posts from Anthony, I found them helpful in my script design

https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/uccx-passing-variables-between-2-ivr-scripts/td-p/3726340

https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/pass-uccx-session-variables-to-outbound-uccx-script/td-p/2197026