cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Setting User Prompt Directory At Beginning of Entry

Joel Jones
Level 1
Level 1

I know a lot of people have discussed dynamically setting user prompt directories inside a Prompt variable by concatenating two Strings together. I'm trying to do something a little different. In CCE, when a call enters the first scrip you can define Call.user.microapp.local and Call.user.microapp.app_media to specify the locale and directory where those specific prompts are stored. Then you just reference the prompt name "1234.wav" or what ever.

My Question:  Is there a way to define the User Prompt Directory inside of UCCX? Or maybe another way of doing this?

Example:

Call Comes In

|

Set Triggering Contact

|

set the prompt directory to Call_Center_01\ for the entire call session.

|

play prompt P[1234.wav] to Triggering Contact (it plays out of Call_Center_01\ directory)

|

End

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

EDIT: Misread the thread.  This is infact about UCCX.

First up, you don't need to set the language/locale because that's a freebie and will be done for you.

Secondly, if you need to remember something about a contact for the duration of the engagement, you have two choices: Sessions or Enterprise Data.

They are very similar but do offer slight differences.  You'd probably fine using either one based on what you've shared so far.  Are you familiar with these two?

Yeah, this is for UCCX.

I know we don't have to set the language, just needed to be explicit about how things can be set at the entry of the call for CCE and that's what we want to do for UCCX.  I also know about Session and Enterprise data, but how does that answer my question? Is what we're wanting to do with UCCX even possible? Setting the User Prompt directory for the remainder of the script, until it ends. And we do not want to concatenate Directory + Prompt Number. We want to set the directory. Then have UCCX understand that directory is where those prompts are, then just configure prompt variables that we need.

Well, when you put it that way, then no, it doesn't answer your question, and no, what you are looking to do, is not possible in UCCX.