cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Silent Monitoring Question

schwabcm
Level 1
Level 1

We are UCCX 11.6(2) now and I'm inquiring about Silent Monitoring for our users via Finesse.  We noticed with our recent upgrade that 'start monitoring' button is there and users are asking for it (it may have been there prior to 11.6, but I'm just noticing it).  Documentation specifies the use of an external CTI application.  Does this mean an external appliance/server or is it inherent within our CUCM environment?  We were told when we migrated to CUCM 5 years ago that recording/monitoring for calls required a separate appliance.  If we only allow monitoring, is that still the case?

Is it also recommended to create a separate CSS for monitoring that is separate from all of the other normal configured devices/DN's?

6 Replies 6

Thank you!!!

@schwabcm wrote:

Is it also recommended to create a separate CSS for monitoring that is separate from all of the other normal configured devices/DN's?

Yes

What is the reason behind the separate CSS for monitoring?  I haven't seen anything in documentation that specifies the why.

It’s a permission model: CUCM will accept monitor CTI events from that user for anything in the Monitoring CSS. For example, if you wanted to allow only monitoring of the contact center and not executive DNs you would put them in different Partitions and only include the agent DNs in the Monitoring CSS. Practically speaking this isn’t a concern with Finesse because it does not expose a way to arbitrarily specify the DN to monitor. The gadget only allows you to select from agents in the team.

Excellent, thank you for the information!