cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - store data for future retrieval using XML, avoid using SQL DB

rguenther
Level 1
Level 1

UCCX environment. Customer wants to callback callers when wait times are lower. They want the agent to have call information displayed on the Finesse desktop. We need to write call information to a file to be able to retrieve the information later. The customer does not want to use an SQL database, but an XML file. I have seen several examples of using the following script steps - create xml document, keyword transform document, and upload document. However, the UCCX Editor Step Reference guide has a warning that this should not be overused because there is no way to delete the documents in the repository. Is there a better way to store caller data in an XML file for later retrieval without having to constantly be creating new XML documents? Can you simply edit a single XML file or is there a better way to perform what they want without using an SQL database. Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Do not try to do this via XML files. If they don't want to use a DB, how about an API instead? The amount of scripting you're going to have to create for XML parsing and cleaning is going to be very painful.

david

David,

Thank you for your response.  I mentioned I was open to any other method as I am realizing XML coding is extensive.  The issue, or challenge, I am having is most of the responses I am receiving point me to a document or tell me to use a specific step, like just use a REST step. 

I started teaching UCCX courses in 2003 and after the course students would ask me to come onsite and help them with their scripts even after attending the course.  These scripts are not trivial.  Many of the things that I have done onsite at a customer were solutions I created or invented after days of trial and error.  None of those solutions were documented anywhere. 

David, I have never coded REST commands inside a UCCX script.  So David, could you perhaps point me to who I may contact who has done this.  That is the important piece.  Someone who has done this and can show me some examples.  Once I see the command format and understand the references, I can figure out the rest.  Thank you again David.