cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

uccx support for CUCM 10.5

jsteinberg
Level 5
Level 5

Does anyone know the timeline for UCCX support for CUCM 10.5 ?  The UCCX Compatibility guide does not list CUCM 10.5 as a supported version for UCCX 10.0

22 Replies 22

Hi Golovin,

Upgrade to 10.5 requires additional entitlement as it is a paid upgrade.

You need to have a valid ESW contract for 10.0 to 10.5 upgrade.

Regards,

Arundeep

Arund,

Will an upgrade from CCX 10.0 to CCX 10.5 require a license to be installed after the upgrade for the engine to start ?    If so, this is not documented in the release notes and will cause a problem.  

The general rule on the UC products has been that a 10.x to 10.x type upgrade is not a major version and does not require any license work.   If this is not the case with CCX, I hope the CCX BU updates the release notes to mention this requirement.

Arundeep,

As I have said above, I do have an active ESW through which I had ordered the 9.0 to 10.0 upgrade.

Is it because we have not updated the ESW with the 10.0 SKUs?

Alex

maybelynplecic
Level 5
Level 5

I can confirm that I just downloaded UCCX 10.5.1 and was able to do a quick test.

I've found the following for support for UCCX Software compatibility Matrix:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_CCX_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_10.5(1)

This link is for UCCX 10.5. We are interested to know if UCCX 10.0 is compatible with CUCM 10.5.

I've asked my rep the same for many days and still no answer.

Here is the parent link:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Compatibility_Matrix_for_Unified_CCX

Regards,

Arundeep

Right, the question I believe I've tried to answer, is that we were looking for the link that confirmed CUCM 10.5 is supported with UCCX 10.5.  That link provides the different UC Solutions supported with the latter.  The same reason I have been monitoring when the UCCX 10.5 would be supported because I need Extension Mobility support with Finesse.  As well as the outbound dialer capability that was added on.  

The other missing component that I hope will finally be available in 11.X is the e-mail queue.  And even if it is added,  I would prefer that it is improved upon and not just carried offer.  We need better conversation tracking if an agent actually responded the customer and the customer replies back, they would expect the response to go the same agent, and not a random agent in the Queue that is controlled by the Agent E-mail feature set.  Improved interface would be certainly ideal.  Believe it or not I've deployed for at least 3 clients and nobody else I know in my team has deployed it.  Right now I only recommend it in trial state for the teams for UCCX, unless they are comfortable with the Agent E-mail interface it's not ready for more deployments.

I know there is incentive for Jabber and we are more than willing to deploy it, but removing chat for team conversation was definitely a bit disappointing when there are so many widgets that can be added on now.  I understand allowing 3rd parties to be able to add their applications, but having so many different vendor types is getting a bit too much.  I single interface like Finesse was added is definitely a great improvement, but as our clients will begin to wonder why so many 3rd party solutions to still get when they expect one package and one menu of interfaces.

Solution Products and Components

Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Business Edition 6000and 70001Gateways for Outbound Agent and IVR2Cisco MediaSenseCisco Unified Presence Server (CUPS)Quality Management (QM)3,4Workforce Management (WFM)5Cisco SocialMiner6Cisco Prime Collaboration

Prime Deployment

Prime Assurance

• 9.1(2)SU1
  • 10.0(1) 
  • 10.5(1)

Router  Series

• 28XX
  • 29XX
  • 38XX
  • 39XX

Cisco IOS

• 15.1(4)M
  • 15.2(4)M3
  • 15.3(3)M37
  • 15.1(T) or later version
  • 10.0(1)
  • 10.5(1)
  • 9.1(1)
  • 10.0(1)
  • 10.5(1)
  • 10.5(1)
  • 10.5(1)
  • 10.0(1)
  • 10.5(1)
  • 10.0.1.10000-14
  •  

craiglcve
Level 4
Level 4

CUCM 10.5 is not supported with UCCX 10.0.

CUCM 10.5 is supported with UCCX 10.5

If you run it and have any issues TAC will Tell you that it is NOT supported. Although, we have tested it and ran both Finesse and CAD on UCCX 10.0 with CCM 10.5 and it ran fine.

I wouldn't do it but we have tested it and it seemed to run fine.