cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX switch-versions fails due to "ERROR: Only one entry found in /grub/boot/grub/grub.conf. Cannot swap grub entries."

stavropouloss
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to upgrade the UCCX from 8.5(1)SU4 to 10.5(1). I've installed successfully the patch to both servers (this is a HA installation). When I'm trying ti switch versions this is the error message it returns:

"ERROR: Only one entry found in /grub/boot/grub/grub.conf. Cannot swap grub entries."

OK I get it, there's no entry for the second partition in the Linux grub boot loader. When I check to the web UI I see that the inactive version is 0.0.0.0000-0000. At the same time from the console I see the correct inactive version. I'm attaching some screenshots.

Have you seen anything like this before? I haven't and before I start over with the re-installation of the patch, I was wondering if there's any workaround.

Thanks,

Stefanos

3 Replies 3

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, might be a stupid question but did you see anything suspicious while trying to install the newer release?

Also, can you tell me the CCX version - are you absolutely sure it's 8.5(1)SU4?

Should be 8.5.1.11004-25, is it?

G.

Thank you for your reply. The first screenshot shows the exact version I'm running and yes it's 8.5.1.11004-25. Actually is the 'show version active" output. To be honest I wasn't watching the installation procedure all the time because it took 2+ hours for the db components installation and scripts. But It was successful at the end.

Stefanos.

stavropouloss
Level 1
Level 1

Actually the issue was that it took a great amount of time for the UCCX to switch versions. This worked after an hour without doing anything else. It looks like that after the switch versions command the active partition unmounted and after an hour finally switched but in the meantime there wasn't any partition available that's why it reproduced the specific error.

...just alate update.

S.