cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX upgrade from 10.5.(1)SU1 to 10.6(1)SU2

harresh123
Level 1
Level 1

We are planning on upgrading our UCCX nodes configured in HA from 10.5.(1)SU1 to 10.6(1)SU2  to avail mixed-mode feature so we can eventually get away from CAD. I have a couple of questions surrounding this upgrade.

1) Upgrade of UCCX to 10.6 from 10.5(1)SU1 will push out an update to the work-stations running CAD/CSD. The end users in our environment do not have admin rights so i am trying to figure out the best possible way to plan this upgrade.
Can we run the Preconfiguration tool prior to the CCX upgrade and then use the Automated Package Distribution Tools such as DSM on the night of upgrade to deploy CAD’s MSI-based desktop application Or is our only option to run the CCX Desktop Client Configuration Tool after the CCX is upgraded to 10.6. If the former option is supported, does pushing out the new 10.6 package just upgrade the earlier version of CAD or does the the earlier version needs to be un-installed ? The CAD 10.6 install guide doesn't have 10.5(1) listed in supported over-the-top upgrades (see below snippet from CAD 10.6 Install guide). so would like this confirmed.

"Upgrading From an Earlier Version

Over-the-top upgrades (installing the new version over the older version) from CAD 6.4(2), 6.6(1), 8.0(1), 8.5(1), 9.0(1), and 10.0(1) to CAD 10.6 are supported. Upgrading from any other version of CAD requires that the older version of CAD is uninstalled before CAD 10.6 is installed."

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_6/install/guide/cadx106-installation-guide.pdf

2) Does the licenses need to be re-hosted for this upgrade ?

Looking for inputs from people who perfomed this upgrade prior and the approaches they took to get there.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1) Not having rights to install software is a common problem with CAD upgrades.  An actual benefit of moving to Finesse.  Yes, you can get the CAD MSI ahead of time, and push it out before the upgrade completes, just like you thought you could.

2) I don't know about the 10.5 to 10.6 over the top thing, since I only have access to the same documentation you do.  I'd have to imagine it's possible, and just an oversight on documentation.

3) The license does not need to be re-hosted for upgrades.  You only re-host licenses for UCCX when you change core settings:

• Time zone
  • NTP server 1 (or none)
  • NIC speed (or auto)
  • Hostname
  • IP Address
  • IP Mask
  • Gateway Address
  • Primary DNS
  • SMTP server
  • Certificate Information (Organization, Unit, Location, State, Country)

Further, you only need to mess with licensing during an upgrade, when you're changing major version numbers.  E.g., 10 to 11.  Since you're going 10.5 to 10.6, you do not need a new license.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1) Not having rights to install software is a common problem with CAD upgrades.  An actual benefit of moving to Finesse.  Yes, you can get the CAD MSI ahead of time, and push it out before the upgrade completes, just like you thought you could.

2) I don't know about the 10.5 to 10.6 over the top thing, since I only have access to the same documentation you do.  I'd have to imagine it's possible, and just an oversight on documentation.

3) The license does not need to be re-hosted for upgrades.  You only re-host licenses for UCCX when you change core settings:

• Time zone
  • NTP server 1 (or none)
  • NIC speed (or auto)
  • Hostname
  • IP Address
  • IP Mask
  • Gateway Address
  • Primary DNS
  • SMTP server
  • Certificate Information (Organization, Unit, Location, State, Country)

Further, you only need to mess with licensing during an upgrade, when you're changing major version numbers.  E.g., 10 to 11.  Since you're going 10.5 to 10.6, you do not need a new license.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: