cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX v12.5 licensing

EYC
Level 1
Level 1

All, I have recently upgrade my ccx from 10.6 to 12.5 I am struggling with the licensing portion. We do have a valid SWSS for CCX-U-EHA10-125K9= and generated the license, but albeit the traditional license file, but on CCX side, I have chosen smart licensing and there is no way to upload the license. We do have a flex plan for our CUCM and CUC.

I have also tried Device Led Conversion on the License Registration Portal, but I get an error stating "The following device does not have any licenses eligible for Smart Entitlement conversion" . We did open a tac licensing case with a very unhelpful answer "Then it does not support smart licensing". Is there any way to convert them or do we need a special part number and hopefully at no cost or is there any way to revert back to traditional licensing on the uccx v12.5 so that I can upload the license file ?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Konstantin Vaksin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes if you want to switch between smart licensing to classic licensing you have to open a TAC case with the involvement of Cisco AM because TAC team needs approval from the Cisco AM.