cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX v12.5 licensing

EYC
Beginner
Beginner

All, I have recently upgrade my ccx from 10.6 to 12.5 I am struggling with the licensing portion. We do have a valid SWSS for CCX-U-EHA10-125K9= and generated the license, but albeit the traditional license file, but on CCX side, I have chosen smart licensing and there is no way to upload the license. We do have a flex plan for our CUCM and CUC.

I have also tried Device Led Conversion on the License Registration Portal, but I get an error stating "The following device does not have any licenses eligible for Smart Entitlement conversion" . We did open a tac licensing case with a very unhelpful answer "Then it does not support smart licensing". Is there any way to convert them or do we need a special part number and hopefully at no cost or is there any way to revert back to traditional licensing on the uccx v12.5 so that I can upload the license file ?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Konstantin Vaksin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes if you want to switch between smart licensing to classic licensing you have to open a TAC case with the involvement of Cisco AM because TAC team needs approval from the Cisco AM.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers